Author Topic: Computer fans abrubtly ceased to function  (Read 2280 times)

I'll buy a new power supply tomorrow, and see if that fixes anything.

Bump. I've put in a new 750W power supply, and that's allowed me to put the GTX 460 back in. I'm idling at about 39 degrees C for the CPU. Is that alright, or should I invest in an aftermarket CPU cooling fan? Thanks to all of you guys for your help.

What's the temp under load?

Bump. I've put in a new 750W power supply, and that's allowed me to put the GTX 460 back in. I'm idling at about 39 degrees C for the CPU. Is that alright, or should I invest in an aftermarket CPU cooling fan? Thanks to all of you guys for your help.

That's pretty cold for Aero. I run my Radeon @40-51 degrees Celsius.

What's the temp under load?
I launched Minecraft and the CPU temp went up to 55 degrees, at which point I just turned it off.

Why so hot? How many fans do you actually have on the case?

It's a HAF 922 case, so it's got a 120mm in the back, a 200mm in the front, and a 200mm on the top. I'm using the default heatsink on the processor.

It's a HAF 922 case, so it's got a 120mm in the back, a 200mm in the front, and a 200mm on the top. I'm using the default heatsink on the processor.

is it an AMD processor?

is it an AMD processor?
No. As I said in the OP, is an Intel Core i5-760 Quad Core Processor at 2.8 GHz.

Oh, I apologize. Im a dumbass.

Does your case have good airflow?

Oh, I apologize. Im a dumbass.

Does your case have good airflow?
Another silly question

Im assuming your not over clocking with stock heat sinks right? (Thats IF you are)

I have an i7 and I got stock fans and with an 850 power and a Video card (GTX 5ish, 1Gb of GPU, not home right now, forgot lol) and its been running fine since Feb

One or all the issues could have happened
1: Not enough power (Though you say you upgraded your power source)
2: Drivers not upgraded (Give it a shot)
3: All fans gave out at the same time (I mean, you said the fans gave out. Maybe the fans died? Never hurts to look at the impossible lol)

I launched Minecraft and the CPU temp went up to 55 degrees, at which point I just turned it off.
55 degrees isn't that hot.

55 degrees isn't that hot.
All tempatures are relative in rating of heat mine runs at 17C when idling so I would consider that hot.

2: Drivers not upgraded (Give it a shot)
What drivers should I try upgrading?

My processor has been touching 70 degrees under load for 2 years, so I wouldn't consider 55 hot at all.