Author Topic: Questions from.....  (Read 2230 times)

i got a couple of questions i like to ask

1: is it possible that while your playing, it turns from light to dark and back?

2: when im not on super shift the brick moves like it was on it and vis-versa, how i take this off

3:is it possible to take off "to far" crap?

4:WTF is jk

5:how is it possible to host a game, leave it empty, and have people join without anyone in it?

6:why is it that when i downloaded the mods from hosted rooms, i don't see the mod in the ad-ons and the maps on my map selector

please respond PROFESSIONALY
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 05:05:20 PM by shocklink10 »

1. dunno
2. meh
3. beats me
4. jk = just kidding

1. dunno
2. meh
3. beats me
4. jk = just kidding
well..... its not profesionaly but you atleast answered one of them.

new questions, and i want answers plz

Badspot

• Administrator
1: is it possible that while your playing, it turns from light to dark and back?
Not without modifying the engine.

2: when im not on super shift the brick moves like it was on it and vis-versa, how i take this off
Elaborate.  Is this all the time or does it happen after playing for a bit or what?

3:is it possible to take off "to far" crap?
No.

5:how is it possible to host a game, leave it empty, and have people join without anyone in it?
Host a dedicated server.  See dedicated.bat

6:why is it that when i downloaded the mods from hosted rooms, i don't see the mod in the ad-ons and the maps on my map selector
Only the necessary artwork is downloaded.  To actually run the mods or maps, you will need the .cs or .mis files.

k now for the 2 question it happens all the time, i tried changing the controls but it ends up the same, i also play on laptop if that has the effect?

Yes, Blockland fails on laptops.

Badspot

• Administrator
does the "super shift" message appear in the lower right when super shift is on or is the label reversed too?

no, the super shift is not even on and the plate brick (all plates) moves up and down like it was on shift, it moves by singles by North West South East and West. i think it has the effect on normal bricks as well but it bothers me mostly on plates.

@spartan : i know but this laptop can still work just not at full power.

since you people are responding i keep geting questions,
1: when i was admin and when i decided to change the map, it showed the map i downloaded from fourms but when im going to start a game it dosn't show up y?

2: shouldn't it work that if i download the mod from a server, i should be able to host a game and use it right?

For Question 2:

When you download a mod you only download certain things like the model, icons etc.
You are still missing files that are necessary to actually host a server with that certain mod.
This does not apply for music.

The plates, but no other bricks move up more than their size when you move them up even with Super Shift off?

Try pressing 1 and 3 on the number pad instead.

i play on laptop
i don't think i got that on my laptop.
obviosly, it will work perfectly on normal computers but i got no number pad for laptop, so i modyfied it so i have to hold ALT and use W, A, S, and D for (in order) Up, Left, Down, and Right, Rotation is ALt Q, and E, and raising and lowering is Alt Z, and C.
super shift is when i press shift. (obviosly)
maybe my configuration has something to do with it?

Well, why don't you just use the default Laptop configuration?

its confusing, i prefer the wasd settings, if you know what i mean.

not that confusing..

it uses I J K L- move brick
O U -rotate
P : - move brick up/down
, . - move brick up/down 1/3