Author Topic: Would it be worth it...  (Read 6370 times)

Would it be worth it to learn Blender? Basically i want to know if blender can import .DTS and can export it.

Also, is there a tutorial for making vehicles for BLR?

Nige made a vehicle tut for Milkshape.

yea but.. MS costs money.

There is a Blender .dts exporter, but no 3D modelling program I know of can import .dts files. Look on lowpolycoop.com [maybe .net] for how to use it.

there is a program that can import .dts and .dsq, however it also has a trial.

Thank god the program doesn't import them well, we'd have every moron on Blockland grabbing people's models, changing them slightly, then re-releasing them as their own work. Yes i'm looking at you, Mr Grinch.

They'd Probably just put a little stick on them or something, What i dont get is how comes TGE can open them but not a program that makes them. O.o

i made a copy of the sword model and made it single edged and pointier. except it can't support .png textures.

there is a program that can import .dts and .dsq, however it also has a trial.
Shaper.

this effectively could be used to rob peoples models and change them.

They'd Probably just put a little stick on them or something, What i dont get is how comes TGE can open them but not a program that makes them. O.o

Thats really easy. Thats like saying how come I can load a EXE but not edit it.

[size=0pt][/size]
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 05:04:46 PM by ladios »

EDIT it. Changing one thing will corrupt the exe permanently. The exe is binary code, but text document tries to convert some of it into readable text.

EDIT it. Changing one thing will corrupt the exe permanently. The exe is binary code, but text document tries to convert some of it into readable text.

I did a test on that and you're wrong. If I open up the exe with a hex editor, I can change it then save it. Works good, actually.

Thank god the program doesn't import them well, we'd have every moron on Blockland grabbing people's models, changing them slightly, then re-releasing them as their own work. Yes i'm looking at you, Mr Grinch.

Excuse me Eph, but thats not what was planning. I'm not a noob, or a thief i would never consider doing that. I was planning to experiment with making my own vehicles. And are you calling me a moron, or is every one who has an intestest a moron and a thief?

basically, i've been playing BL for a long time and i have way, way to much respect for the modders to steal there creations.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 05:30:13 PM by Mr_Grinch14 »