12 (10.9%)
Other
28 (25.5%)
Theism
3 (2.7%)
Agnosticism
3 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 110

Author Topic: All Powerful Monotheistic God vs Atheism  (Read 8671 times)

Which one do you think is the truth and why Let's not include religions in this thread we are only talking about a belief in God vs belief in no God.

* No insults
* No trolling
* Post sources

Do not talk about one religion in general unless it's old or outdated.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 02:34:33 AM by ArchAngel »

INCOMINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I believe that both are beliefs. If there was any deity, which is a bit vague definition to be honest, the so what? It never mattered to me and it still doesn't matter. In retrospect, one only has to be a deity by gaining worship. Which to be honest, sounds relatively easily amongst the 6 billion people on the planet right now. Of course, what with the specific meaning of a deity also requiring that they retain immortality, it still can't be too hard  within a conceivable time-frame. What with the constantly improving ways to extend our lives sorta coming through in technology.
tb:dc, I honestly don't care about the existence of a deity because it's just too easy to become one.
(Read: Easy as in probable within the next 2 centuries)

Nice idea of a thread by the way, it's nice to look at this at a purely belief level for a change, rather then a religious level.

obviously vs is better than both athiesm and deism

holy richardforget do you know what you're doing lock this now before it arrives

It's all the matter of what you believe in.

I believe that both are beliefs. If there was any deity, which is a bit vague definition to be honest, the so what? It never mattered to me and it still doesn't matter. In retrospect, one only has to be a deity by gaining worship. Which to be honest, sounds relatively easily amongst the 6 billion people on the planet right now. Of course, what with the specific meaning of a deity also requiring that they retain immortality, it still can't be too hard  within a conceivable time-frame. What with the constantly improving ways to extend our lives sorta coming through in technology.
tb:dc, I honestly don't care about the existence of a deity because it's just too easy to become one.
(Read: Easy as in probable within the next 2 centuries)

Nice idea of a thread by the way, it's nice to look at this at a purely belief level for a change, rather then a religious level.

We are not talking about a lesser God such as Zeus or Shiva, we are talking about a all knowing powerful one, like the one in judaism or zoroastrianism.

holy richardforget do you know what you're doing lock this now before it arrives

Why? This forum can't handle a intelligent discussion?

Come here; Post about religion? Who does that

We are not talking about a lesser God such as Zeus or Shiva, we are talking about a all knowing powerful one, like the one in judaism or zoroastrianism.
Did...

Did you just call ZEUS a lesser god?

Come here; Post about religion? Who does that

I have another account here.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Why? This forum can't handle a intelligent discussion?
From experience in previous threads, no.

This is not going to end well, I can already tell that. Public discussion about religion and personal beliefs never seem to go over well on this forum, it's a shame.

From experience in previous threads, no.

Well, let's challenge that.