Author Topic: I can't even join servers.  (Read 2111 times)

When I join a server it just says lag at the top right and then after about 2 minutes it just crashes.

I attached my graphic info.

Edit: Oh yeah I tried everything that is says to do in tha FAQ thread and also it dosn't lag at all in a single player games unless it is like 20,000 bricks or so.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 10:24:00 PM by siccid »

it's not your computer Hardware.
It's a firewall or your Anti virus is blocking the game.

Whats the best graphics card to have because my display memory is only 64.0MB

I even turned off my firewall and it still wont work
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 10:53:59 PM by siccid »

well
run it in a window if your in fullscreen
or if your using WIFI/wireless internet change your connection settings to the lowest ingame

Whats the best graphics card to have because my display memory is only 64.0MB

I even turned off my firewall and it still wont work

That shouldn't effect online play..
go to ATI or Nvidia and have a look around there for good cards.

did you check if your even on the internet?
just wandering.

If he can post here than he's on the internet...

well
run it in a window if your in fullscreen
or if your using WIFI/wireless internet change your connection settings to the lowest ingame

Thanks but it didn't work.

OH!
I get your problem!
let me take a look at your dxdiag, if I can't figure it out I'm sure someone who knows more about this stuff than me will.

Ok, well everything seems fine.
I would suggest to try clearing some background programs while running the game since you only have 500mb of RAM, so close stuff like MSN, Xfire and such if you can.

It might also be your crapped out card that just instantly crashes when joining a certain map, or a certain game with a certain amount of bricks.

For that I suggest you try lowering everything to low in the options menu, and in the advanced menu be sure your Anisotropy is at 0
I don't suggest you try changing anything else, just wait until Badspot posts if this doesn't work.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 03:04:03 PM by Spartan300 »

It let me in for longer then usually when I did what you told me too but then it did that lag thing again and I  left and now when I try to join it times out.

For that I suggest you try lowering everything to low in the options menu, and in the advanced menu be sure your Anisotropy is at 0
I don't suggest you try changing anything else, just wait until Badspot posts if this doesn't work.

Badspot

• Administrator
Do you actually ever into the game or does it freeze at the loading screen?  Are you the latest version (1.02)?  The version number is shown in the top left of the main menu. 

I can get into the game but then at the top right it just says lag and never lets me do anything and yes I do have version 1.02.