Author Topic: Bans and unbans  (Read 1993 times)

One of my friends on BL that I gave admin status to banned someone from my server without my consent, for a personal reason or something. I want to know how to unban someone, especially when it has been a few days since it happened and the player is obviously still not on my server. Thoughts?

There's an unban button on the admin menu....

I see that, but there are no names on it.

Hmm, you'll have to manually delete the ban then....I've never really banned anyone so.....I wouldn't know how, there's weird spacing on the lines, so I'm assuming it's jsut the exact code for the gui itself :o

base/config/server/BANLIST.txt

Try removing the BL_id of whoever you banned from there or maybe the name. I don't know how it's formatted since noone is in that list for me...

...even though I tried to permaban some guy called 'ninja'. Weird.

If he banned him for 1 minute or something then the ban is up, and he's not banned anymore.

ya, i was about to say that.

I remember the server announcement saying it was a permaban, but an experience I had yesterday made me doubt that it worked... A guy came on to my server with an altered spelling of one of my friend's name. Of course I assumed it was him, so I made him admin and gave him trust. The idiot destroyed my unsaved build, banned a random guy on my server, and then fled. The announcement said the guy was permabanned, but I talked to him on another server and he was only banned for a minute. Odd, yes?

Oh, and I don't have any names on that ban list you spoke of, Space Guy.

Altered Name? Like Ephialtes and Ephilates?

I believe that when Blockland was updated to V1.02 an error came in where the banlist.txt file was cleared everytime the server went offline. So if you have closed that server everyone who had been banned would be unbanned. I think I read somewhere that Badspot will have fixed this in V1.03. I hope this helps.

Edit:Thanks Rolland for correcting me, I was not thinking about the version numbers.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 07:24:34 PM by Grimreaperx15 »

Wow, 1.02 to 1.30?! Where are 1.03-1.29?!

Sorry, but I dislike when people take out the zero from a version number like that.

I don't see how the banlist problem could be an engine thing, I think it maybe some conflict of scripts. The banlist isn't part of the engine code, at least not as much as could cause that. Why doesn't it clear everything else as well? Maybe there was some error in the Unban code that causes this, or something else. Unban would have to select a line and add the ones after it as the line before, and when I tried stuff like that, the engine gave me problems like deletions of stuff. If that's the problem, then it is part of the engines fault....but....whatever....m y point is.....you tell me