Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship for Blockheads: General V2  (Read 7667469 times)

genius port makes another stylish style

« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 06:46:52 AM by Flubbman »

-snip-

Bwahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa! *GAAAASP* HAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAAAA!

http://prpltnkr.tumblr.com/post/32365333021/yac-vs-yamino
L O L

People gettin' banned everywhere. Max Veers, Lil' Miss child enthusiast, and now these guys. What is wrong with some people?

i don't fully understand the drama behind yamino
but i do know purple tinker caused a bunch of drama about everfree northwest

and they're both transvestites apparently? okay apparently not
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 09:41:19 AM by Blastdown »

What's the deal with all the Purple Tinker/YAC/Yamino stuff? What happened and why did it escalate?

I don't know who Purple Tinker is but Yamino is a guy and identifies as a guy. He's a normal man. The 'transgendered' thing was spread by hateful, ignorant bronies who assumed he was a transwoman due to a post he made in defense of the trans community or something.

Regardless, the drama behind Yamino is that he felt Derpy Hooves' portrayal was ableist (in the sense of making fun of children who suffer from legitimate mental problems) and so Hasbro retconned the name and voice to something less 'handicapped' sounding. People are still mad about that because they're petty.

What's the deal with all the Purple Tinker/YAC/Yamino stuff? What happened and why did it escalate?
So basically, Yelling At Cats wrote some stuffty rap song from Derpy's point of view, where she calls Yamino out and talks about murdering her. Actual death threats aimed at a real-life human being over a fictious cartoon pony. Plus since the songwriter is an idiot he assumed Yamino is indeed transgendered and not only talks about casual violence against women but throws in a sensible slur as well. Which is in poor taste, really. Get over the Derpy Hooves thing already. It's a damn kid's show.

Purple Tinker called him out on it. I was browsing forget-No-My-Little-Pony and came across it.

To quote one of the posts in reply: "it’s so weird how a fandom for a young girls’ cartoon, made up mostly of grown-ass adults, is one of the most hateful, homophobic, sensible and violent fandoms i’ve ever seen"
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 09:41:59 AM by Dusty12 »

I don't know who Purple Tinker is but Yamino is a guy and identifies as a guy. He's a normal man. The 'transgendered' thing was spread by hateful, ignorant bronies who assumed he was a transwoman due to a post he made in defense of the trans community or something.

Yeah, that was during Everfree Northwest. She went off on a rant, said various things about the event, none of it was backed up by anyone and some of the points (which were quite disturbing) were shot down by the attending VA's.

I don't really know what happened as I wasn't there, perhaps some of the things actually happened. She made it appear as if the entire event was like it, which practically everyone else said otherwise (perhaps it was just a few people she happened to run into?). Anyway, she's been raging ever since.

Regardless, the drama behind Yamino is that he felt Derpy Hooves' portrayal was ableist (in the sense of making fun of children who suffer from legitimate mental problems) and so Hasbro retconned the name and voice to something less 'handicapped' sounding. People are still mad about that because they're petty.

I knew about that part, I recall the person having drama prior to that event and getting flack ever since. Perhaps that's where it actually began. His perspective on Derpy's portrayal wasn't their intention, but it is likely quite accurate in how most people who don't watch the show would likely see it. Big drama about that, but what happened to the that scene was necessary.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 09:48:33 AM by Blastdown »

I still think it's funny people defended Max Veers even after he admitted to raping that girl. Not in the 'ha-ha' way but more in the 'humanity is terrible' way.

some of the points (which were quite disturbing) were shot down by the attending VA's.
Wait, there were voice actors involved? From the show?

That's pretty embarassing.

Wait, there were voice actors involved? From the show?

That's pretty embarassing.

The VA's themselves weren't the points or problems, it was what the fans supposedly did and said about/towards them at the event.
Again, the VA's (Cutie Mark Crusaders) said otherwise.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 09:51:14 AM by Blastdown »