My Little Pony: Friendship for Blockheads: General V2

Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship for Blockheads: General V2  (Read 7666642 times)

i just dont understand why they can't "move forward" with the crusaders
Because giving them their cutie-marks would reduce the material to work with for writing would be cut down a lot because that is their main goal.
If you compare that to Twilight, who is now a princess and no long a student; what goal does she have now and what little quantity could they possibly write about Twilight now?
So I don't mind them without their cutie-marks, but I do want to see them eventually grow up. But not right now.

Hey this thread reminds me, someone on DA wanted me to art trade with them and wanted me to draw their pony oc

And I thought to myself, should I learn to draw ponies in case someone wants to pay me for it or maybe they just have cute art?
Im not a brony or anything, just a simple art question

Hey this thread reminds me, someone on DA wanted me to art trade with them and wanted me to draw their pony oc

And I thought to myself, should I learn to draw ponies in case someone wants to pay me for it or maybe they just have cute art?
Im not a brony or anything, just a simple art question

http://www.reddit.com/r/MLPdrawingschool/

This sub-reddit could help you out.

Because giving them their cutie-marks would reduce the material to work with for writing would be cut down a lot because that is their main goal.
If you compare that to Twilight, who is now a princess and no long a student; what goal does she have now and what little quantity could they possibly write about Twilight now?
So I don't mind them without their cutie-marks, but I do want to see them eventually grow up. But not right now.

which is why you do things periodically. giving one crusader a mark would be moving things forward a bit, showing that they are growing up, while continuing the same goal to achieve (there is episode material right there). the one who gets it wouldn't abandon them, and it would still be cause for adventures.

but marks aren't everything. they have other types of episodes too, scootaloo just had one involving her wings. sweetie belle has had one involving her sister. there is other material to work with. their childhood goal doesn't have to be completely achieved, but at least give them something that tells them they are getting closer (instead of them obliviously thinking some random thing is their life's calling). sweetie belle could still learn some magic, a milestone for sure. scootaloo's wing ability is now on hold once again, and i'm not really sure what apple bloom could get lol

twilight is somewhat in the same area too. she might have a new title, and student-teachings be finished, but that doesn't change much. celestia is still there to help her, she isn't a master at magic, and still has much to learn of life and friendship. i suppose her previous goal was simply learning friendship, and it has added to that over time. her current goal for the season is the box, but there is many other subjects to give her too.

there is much for both to do, the same old standard cutie mark crusader formula is losing its luster and they really should go for a new goal like they've given twilight. unfortunately they probably wont
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 10:28:20 PM by Blastdown »

Scootaloo seemed to be showing much effort and dedication to wanting to be able to fly, i really hope this means that Scootaloo is even somewhat close to obtaining her cutie mark, it's just becoming repetitive and sad to see the CMC fail time and time again to gain any progress any time they get an episode despite their efforts, then there's the usual inclusion of Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon with their obnoxiousness and exclamation of "Blank flanks!"

It was a rather "Eh" episode, Rainbow Dash was the best part and the CMC winning seemed to be an obvious outcome so that the episode wouldn't be a complete downer

Anyway, i wonder what that Power Ponies episode is gonna be like, the name makes me think it's a reference to Power Rangers or Powerpuff Girls (though more like Power Rangers because of the flashy outfits), though i'm most likely making ridiculous connections based on a coincidentally similar sounding title

Oh well, i can dream if i want to

Im guessing the Cutie Mark Crusaders are just going to get their cutie marks in S5.
I think.

Im guessing the Cutie Mark Crusaders are just going to get their cutie marks in S5.
I think.
They would have had them during the talent show if they didn't switch places.

Anyway, i wonder what that Power Ponies episode is gonna be like, the name makes me think it's a reference to Power Rangers or Powerpuff Girls (though more like Power Rangers because of the flashy outfits), though i'm most likely making ridiculous connections based on a coincidentally similar sounding title

Oh well, i can dream if i want to

i'm excited to see what that episode has in store
superheroes meet ponies, all that fun stuff. i bet there will be many pop-culture references and puns throughout

i'm also hoping they find one of the six keys, if it's a season-long story arc then we need to have more sprinkling of said story. i kind of want it to be similar to gaining cutie marks. like, when they discover something deep about themselves it somehow has a magical reaction that brings the key about. that, or we should have treasure maps to go dig them up!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 08:26:09 PM by Blastdown »

Hello everyone! I'm not sure how relevant this is, but I'm doing a "name this pony" competition if you guys are interested. The prize is a bunch of steam games.

You just have to look at the reference picture, pick out up to three names, and tell me what they are and wait until the deadline for the result. No shenanigans, I just like running competitions and giveaways.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 03:27:58 PM by Pengie »

I shall note that down, would you like to contribute any other names? You can enter three. Oh and thank you for entering! Do you have a deviantart account or name you prefer to be credited as?

I shall note that down, would you like to contribute any other names? You can enter three. Oh and thank you for entering! Do you have a deviantart account or name you prefer to be credited as?
no, that one will do. you can just credit as Jobe or something. and yes with a j

Since Blockland has been released on steam...

THE PLAYERS HAVE BEEN DOUBLED!

I can't believe this freaking thread still exists.
11,000 freaking pages. What the heck.

I can't believe this freaking thread still exists.
11,000 freaking pages. What the heck.

So sad ;(

On another note, I ordered and received some patches for my BDU's for airsoft.

:3c
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 07:51:04 PM by ShadowsfeaR »