Author Topic: The Blockland Bulletin [News Blog]  (Read 17845 times)

Thanks, but again, its already being worked on.

Alrighty, but I think the mod review is extremely biased.

Alrighty, but I think the mod review is extremely biased.

Its an opinion piece. Reviews are about the authors opinion of a product or thing.

Its an opinion piece. Reviews are about the authors opinion of a product or thing.

If you wanted to provide un-biased stories, you wouldn't be doing Opinion pieces.

If you wanted to provide un-biased stories, you wouldn't be doing Opinion pieces.

Like all magazines and blogs, there are different types of stories. Opinions, reviews, and news. Adding an opinion piece doesn't mean every news article is tainted, opinion pieces are there to keep the news articles clean. Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not so sure you understand what you are talking about.

Like all magazines and blogs, there are different types of stories. Opinions, reviews, and news. Adding an opinion piece doesn't mean every news article is tainted, opinion pieces are there to keep the news articles clean. Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not so sure you understand what you are talking about.

Oh, so the Ephialtes stories aren't biased, because they seem that way.

You can't usually keep bias out of news stories anyways unless they are informational about pure facts.

i wanna write a short story about how ephi is evil n such.

You can't usually keep bias out of news stories anyways unless they are informational about pure facts.

I'm sorry, but I can't have a discussion about bias to somebody while they maintain the frame of mind that having an opinion section, an integral part of many media products, means its authors can't write news. I suggest if you decide to flout around such an accusation you first understand the definition of the words you use, since I'm considerably sure you are using the term 'bias' as a buzz-word now, and actually cite some proper resources and reasoning. Otherwise, I'm not humoring this further.

I'm sort of randomly jumping in the middle of an argument to ask a question but:

Will new articles be posted daily, weekly, or just whenever news happens?

Ideally daily, a slow news week may end up in lesser articles but anywhere between 2 to 7 articles a week.

MCTV Puts the Ugly Back in Blockland
first thing i see.
i approve.

Absolutely.

Just as long as I don't end up getting another round of people who join as a weekly fad then leave soon after wasting my time. I'm open to legitimate submissions.
This was not the case with me, I simply joined at a time where I was very busy and didn't have nearly enough time for the expected articles.

I can understand that, although it was made clear that it required dedicated people who could post at least once a week. If you were so busy that such requirements were beyond you, you shouldn't have applied. Although I can appreciate that things come up.

Since launching in December of 2010, TBB has received 24,301 views. <3

That's pretty interesting. It's nice to peoples opinions on a topic besides "it suks".
Also, anytime you need more writers, contact me, bro.

Hello Blocckland Bulletin, my staff and I have been working on getting a "Blockland Chronicle" up. And we even tried to purchase the domain of BB, at co.cc, but of coarse they said you guyz were paying for the domain and we couldn't get it. Anyways, we didn't notice your News posts were exactly how we intend to post ours. and we would like to say sorry, and that we would like you guys to help us and show us how you got your success.

Head Developer/Writer/Admin of the Blockland Chronicle
~WaterSpear