Poll

Buildbot

I would love to have this!
I prefer to build the old fashioned way!
This mod will ruin all the fun in blockland!

Author Topic: Buildbot - Load saves without admin - Beta Release Almost Here!  (Read 12276 times)

Blockland forums, meet

Buildbot

Reads a save file and constructs it using your client.
Never again beg for admin to load a save, then have it load in the wrong place.

Features:
 - Reads and loads a save file of any length.
 - Compatible with non-default bricks.
 - Records the results of every plant and will continue to retry failed plants until all remaining bricks are failing.
 - Buildbot is NOT a macro loader, however, if you do turn on macro recording and load a save through buildbot, it will record do nothing productive.

I do not plan on releasing this publicly for quite some time.
Release planned for 7/14
I have the feeling this would be failbinned for abusiveness anyway.

"Why play blockland when you can get a bot to play it for you?" -Nexus

Discuss.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 01:28:51 AM by Nexus »

i dont trust this

"Why play blockland when you can get a bot to play it for you?" -Nexus
I didn't pay 20 dollars for that.

ITT: Posting a video of an add-on that no one can have so that people beg for it.

Seems nice.  Would like to have.

ITT: Posting a video of an add-on that no one can have so that people beg for it.

Reminds me of truce.

I made this post because I ws happy about getting this working, and was getting annoyed at people telling me there is no way I made this, but I am not releasing yet because it is extremely hard to use correctly, and I want to take a stab at a color converter.

Also I have run into an annoying issue where this will only work reliably while the player is facing rotation 0.  I thought for sure that if I could just do everything normally, but with one little extra rotational offset each plant when the player is turned, this would work from any direction, but I cannot seem to figure out why it still wont work.
i dont trust this
I didn't pay 20 dollars for that.

What do you mean, you dont trust this?

Looks very cool, though not releasing this is probably for the better.

Do you plan on doing anything with correct print bricks, or is that not possible?

Loading your save files in a server you're not admin can be abused if that's the idea. Also it looks like macro.

But well, i guess it's fine since you're not releasing.

Do you plan on doing anything with correct print bricks, or is that not possible?

I tried, but it seems that it is not possible.

Each time you want to change your currently selected print, you must shoot a print brick with the print gun, then call servercmdsetprint, but it will just return 0 if you do not shoot a brick.

This is cool, but if it were released it would be abused very badly.

Loading your save files in a server you're not admin can be abused if that's the idea. Also it looks like macro.

But well, i guess it's fine since you're not releasing.
This is cool, but if it were released it would be abused very badly.
^this that and that

You should give it to responsible people.

Oh cool you made the topic.

@poll: NOTA, I would make my own :cookieMonster:

@poll: NOTA, I would make my own :cookieMonster:

That is essentially the first option, if you would like to be able to load saves like this.