Author Topic: Posting From a Banned IP  (Read 1178 times)

I was wondering, if I post from a banned IP, will my account pick up the ban if it is a perma? I'm hesitant to log in on wifi hot spots.

Unless someone got IP banned at a Starbucks, no.

Unless someone got IP banned at a Starbucks, no.

I see.
EDIT: Wait, I think I misunderstood. Rephrase that please?

Off-Topic: Unless I'm confusing you with someone else, aren't you a fan of Kurt Vonnegut? He's my favorite writer.
 :cookieMonster:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 08:48:47 PM by Mega-Bear »

I see.

Off-Topic: Unless I'm confusing you with someone else, aren't you a fan of Kurt Vonnegut? He's my favorite writer.
 :cookieMonster:
HELL YEAH

Kurt Vonnegut is amazing. Sirens of Titan is probably my favorite, next to Cat's Cradle and Slaughterhouse 5.

I've heard of it happening before, for people who were IP banned. But it was only while they were at that IP, their accounts didn't stay perma'd.

I think someone went to an airport and it picked up someone's IP ban.

I've heard of it happening before, for people who were IP banned. But it was only while they were at that IP, their accounts didn't stay perma'd.

What I wonder is- if someone was using, say, AT&T internet on a computer and got IP banned, what would happen?

I heard of that too. But it seems extremely unlikely that out of the 28000+ or something IDs ever used, where as some low percentage was perma-banned, that those were used in any location with a static IP you'd have access to.

>Download Opera
>Turn on Opera Turbo
>ffffffffffffff as it says you're banned
>Go back to chrome
>Not actually banned
forget

What I wonder is- if someone was using, say, AT&T internet on a computer and got IP banned, what would happen?

Shouldn't matter, regardless of your provider, as long as you are using a device that needs to access the Internet that isn't on a shared network where multiple devices are going through the same IP there should be no problem. Its shared wireless internet that is the trouble.

HELL YEAH

Kurt Vonnegut is amazing. Sirens of Titan is probably my favorite, next to Cat's Cradle and Slaughterhouse 5.

Slaughterhouse-Five is the best book I have ever read, which is why I've read it twice. Reading Breakfast of Champions at the moment. It's great so far.