Author Topic: Can I run TF2 with these specs?  (Read 1705 times)

512 mb ram = lol
you'll need to fix that


512 mb ram = lol
you'll need to fix that

I didn't notice that...

No, you cannot run TF2 until you get a decent amount of RAM and a new graphics card.

512 mb ram = lol
you'll need to fix that

I REALLY hate when you post ANYTHING related to hardware, in particularly RAM, you have ALWAYS been wrong in almost ANY topic you posted in about RAM.

It is the minimum he can have, therefore it will work.

I REALLY hate when you post ANYTHING related to hardware, in particularly RAM, you have ALWAYS been wrong in almost ANY topic you posted in about RAM.

It is the minimum he can have, therefore it will work.

512mb might be okay for Windows XP, but any amount of ram under 1GB is grossly out of date. Maybe in 2008 you could have stretched it, but its just too old hat now.

512mb might be okay for Windows XP, but any amount of ram under 1GB is grossly out of date. Maybe in 2008 you could have stretched it, but its just too old hat now.

That is true, but he has stated numerous times that "oh this game wont work, lol 1GB of ram" when it's a game that required 512 or recommended 1GB.

512mb might be okay for Windows XP

But I'm using Windows XP.

So the graphics card would be the problem?
No.

You need at least 1 gb of RAM or your game will crash whenever it overloads your page file.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 04:07:52 AM by SeventhSandwich »

But I'm using Windows XP.

Therefore it will work as far as RAM goes.

No.
You need at least 2 gb of RAM or your game will crash whenever it overloads your page file.

I have 1.5GB of RAM and play TF2 with no issues what so ever.

But I'm using Windows XP.

Why else do you think I said it.

I have 1.5GB of RAM and play TF2 with no issues what so ever.
How large is your page file?

Ram isn't even expensive.  Why would you only have 1.5?

Ram isn't even expensive.  Why would you only have 1.5?

Maybe it was second hand and the person doesn't have the time / knowledge to upgrade.

Ram isn't even expensive.  Why would you only have 1.5?

Ram is expensive with an outdated computer, go see what 1GB of DDR RAM sells for, and then take into account I have no job.

Ram is expensive with an outdated computer, go see what 1GB of DDR RAM sells for, and then take into account I have no job.

Over 40 dollars.