Author Topic: Can I run TF2 with these specs?  (Read 1702 times)

Just wondering if I am even able to play TF2.

Quote
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 7/12/2011, 01:35:26
       Machine name: TONY-GZ0PQVGX98
   Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1647)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: PSLA1
       System Model: PSLA1065
               BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/13/03 17:47:19 Ver: 08.00.08
          Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
             Memory: 512MB RAM
          Page File: 595MB used, 1484MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
     DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

You could always look at the min. system requirements on the page for tf2...

Something tells me you couldn't, though, but what do I know.

what video card do you have?

what video card do you have?

Quote
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
        Card name: RADEON 9200
     Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
        Chip type: RADEON 9200 AGP (0x5961)
         DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
       Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5961&SUBSYS_20021002&REV_01
   Display Memory: 128.0 MB
     Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
          Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
  Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
      Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
   Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6601 (English)
      DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
 Driver Date/Size: 2/21/2006 21:46:48, 256512 bytes
      WHQL Logo'd: Yes
  WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
              VDD: n/a
         Mini VDD: ati2mtag.sys
    Mini VDD Date: 2/21/2006 21:46:26, 1505792 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-1A21-11CF-7B6A-0800A0C2CB35}
        Vendor ID: 0x1002
        Device ID: 0x5961
        SubSys ID: 0x20021002
      Revision ID: 0x0001
      Revision ID: 0x0001
      Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D
 Deinterlace Caps: {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
                   {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBLineReplic ate
                   {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
                   {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalSt retch
                   {552C0DAD-CCBC-420B-83C8-74943CF9F1A6}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
                   {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
                   {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalSt retch
         Registry: OK
     DDraw Status: Enabled
       D3D Status: Enabled
       AGP Status: Enabled
DDraw Test Result: Not run
 D3D7 Test Result: Not run
 D3D8 Test Result: Not run
 D3D9 Test Result: Not run

I had to switch to this card because my good one fried.

you should be fine if you run it on minimum settings.

Processor wise you're fine, but I have no idea when it comes to integrated Radeon's.


I think so, on low settings.

you should be fine if you run it on minimum settings.

I never enjoyed Fallout 3 while playing under the minimum settings.

So the graphics card would be the problem?

Those graphics are the equivalent of an FX 5200, so no.

I'd advise buying a 5770 for 65 bucks to upgrade.

I can run TF2 on low settings with it still looking fine with hardly any lag and I think my computer is worse than yours.

Pentium is general isn't great, even with 3.0ghz in my experience.

DX 9.0 is shabby. 128mb of video card memory is that? And 512mb ram? Yeah, good luck with that.


I can run TF2 well with a HD 5750.