Will you come to my birthday party?

nope
79 (83.2%)
maybe
16 (16.8%)
sure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: Escape Overlay Released [NARG]  (Read 466818 times)

BuildBot v2.2 released

See changelog for more details
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 12:44:01 AM by Nexus »

Seems like a waste of time. Not that it would be made badly, it just doesn't seem like something very necessary.

So, you're saying that a change from the constant poorly made knife tdms, and random rp servers is unnecessary? (Keep in mind, these aren't the ONLY servers these days, but they are the most frequently made.) So, you're saying that we don't need to invent brand new gamemodes for players to use when the old ones are all but dried up? I think its about time we bring something new to the otherwise drab days of nooby servers. How about you?

So, you're saying that a change from the constant poorly made knife tdms, and random rp servers is unnecessary? (Keep in mind, these aren't the ONLY servers these days, but they are the most frequently made.) So, you're saying that we don't need to invent brand new gamemodes for players to use when the old ones are all but dried up? I think its about time we bring something new to the otherwise drab days of nooby servers. How about you?
Although it would be nice, it would just end up with every server being the same thing for about a week, then it would die out except for maybe 1 or 2 good servers. You would just end up with a bunch of poorly made zombie fortress servers and a couple good ones.

But if you guys want to make it, I'm not completley against it, it wouldn't be bad.

Um stuff one thing to note about the new overdrive mode:

Do not turn the tick speed to 0.  It probably won't build any faster than if your tick speed is at 1 and can cause your client to crash.

The zombie mode sounds cool. We've needed a new one that's not a L4D rip-off.

Obviously Call of Duty created zombies, not Left 4 Dead!

Obviously Call of Duty created zombies, not Left 4 Dead!

Nope

Edit: sorry i just realized that my dropbox wasn't syncing, the download should work now.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 09:39:46 PM by Nexus »

new zombie thing should be compatible with tdm and zapt enabled. We dont need more standalone conflicting mods

After playing gears of war 3 for about twelve hours over the last few days, Rykuta and I have decided that we must make our planned zombie survival in that style.

For people that have not seen the new horde mode:

You are a team of humans fighting off waves of enemies of increasing difficulty.  You are able to build defenses, buy better weapons, and upgrade fortifications.  You do all these things through a cash based system where you get money for killing enemies and completing challenges, and spend the money on whatever you like.  You can also level up skills such and make your money go to better use!

GoW3 campaign is a glorious piece of art.

WHY DOM. WHY. :C

After playing gears of war 3 for about twelve hours over the last few days, Rykuta and I have decided that we must make our planned zombie survival in that style.

For people that have not seen the new horde mode:

You are a team of humans fighting off waves of enemies of increasing difficulty.  You are able to build defenses, buy better weapons, and upgrade fortifications.  You do all these things through a cash based system where you get money for killing enemies and completing challenges, and spend the money on whatever you like.  You can also level up skills such and make your money go to better use!
Isn't this identical to upgradable zombie survivals? Yes, they usually require some admin/game controller who can be abusive, but the fact is that it can be automated with some effort, like Aplem's Updgradable Zombie (Bot events) Survival

Isn't this identical to upgradable zombie survivals? Yes, they usually require some admin/game controller who can be abusive, but the fact is that it can be automated with some effort, like Aplem's Updgradable Zombie (Bot events) Survival

The gamemode that we were originally going to make was a zombie defense game (what you are describing), and the mod would essentially just be an AI director who took the place of the guy in the control room.  However, after seeing the epic new horde mode, we decided to model our gamemode after that.

And don't give Aplem too much credit.  Rykuta and I hosted Zombie Defense games back in v9, maybe even v8

I'm just giving him credit for a fully automated one.

However, if the idea is an AI programmed for progressive difficulty, sounds great.

The zombie mode sounds cool. We've needed a new one that's not a L4D rip-off.
both of our current zombie modes are based on l4d and l4d2 so yeah Lol

new zombie thing should be compatible with tdm and zapt enabled. We dont need more standalone conflicting mods

Why would you need those enabled with the new zombie thing?

Why would you need those enabled with the new zombie thing?
mods that break others are just a bad idea. TDM and ZAPT lay out functionality for custom game modes. we don't need even more conflicting mods. if TDM or ZAPT don't support things like this, that is one thing. if the creator is just lazy, that is another. rot's zombies didn't support anything else, so zapt was forced to disable it because it broke things. i don't know if this will wind up having to force something else down, or be forced down itself.

Hey, I've been working on a zombie mod to. I do not plan to release it though.