Will you come to my birthday party?

nope
79 (83.2%)
maybe
16 (16.8%)
sure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: Escape Overlay Released [NARG]  (Read 467624 times)

The public link I had to TMBI was removed.  You should have received an email with it instead.

Lol you did have the link for like a week though, I am surprised you didn't download it.

The public link I had to TMBI was removed.  You should have received an email with it instead.

Lol you did have the link for like a week though, I am surprised you didn't download it.
busy doing other stuff also on wrong computer

kthx, got it and now testing

gonna use this post to put bugs.

1) Brick menu doesn't auto-show-up if you turn off "hide brick menu" in options
2) if TMBI is open (as in brick is selected on menu) and you have brick menu open and try to scroll the menu, it scrolls your bricks as well.
3) Saw this error once hosted; disappeared after opening options. Normal brick menu shows up behind the TMBI bottoom bar (hidden). Always show Brick HUD was on. Will try to replicate issue and post picture.
4) Pressing "B" to exit the brick menu does not save bricks
5) The blue bg for the selected row is a little too blue, drowning out the image of a brown baseplate if you select it. Get a brown baseplate, put it in the row, and select it to see what I mean.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 04:59:41 PM by Conan »

I would prefer if you sent them in an email so I can organize the information better instead of needing to click back through the pages of this forum.

also lol on the second one I think you are calling two (or more?) different things "brick menu" and I'm having a little trouble following exactly what you are saying.
The way I have been doing it is by "selector inventory" and "HUD inventory"

attached image should explain the third one

second one i'll explain better:

normally I scroll down the brick menu with the mouse wheel. however, if you have selected a brick in the TMBI hud inventory, then press B and proceed to attempt to scroll, it scrolls both the Selector and the HUD at the same time

EDIT: Was looking around in options and found out the scroll bug works with anything with a scroll bar. EDIT3: also spontaneously pops up TMBI menu when its closed, if you last used that HUD before opening brick menu

EDIT2: As suggestion, add a keybind to instascroll to the next row.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 04:39:25 PM by Conan »

I've isloated the problem with the default brick selector re-opening as being (probably) the cause of PlayGui::onWake()
This is also related to why the brick inventory spontaneously clears, as calling Canvas.PopDialog(PlayGui); clears it.

I've isloated the problem with the default brick selector re-opening as being (probably) the cause of PlayGui::onWake()
This is also related to why the brick inventory spontaneously clears, as calling Canvas.PopDialog(PlayGui); clears it.

I think your problem with the brick inventory clearing might be you accidentaly pressed a number 0-9, which will load that fav, which will load blank if you have not yet used tmbi to save something there.

normally I scroll down the brick menu with the mouse wheel. however, if you have selected a brick in the TMBI hud inventory, then press B and proceed to attempt to scroll, it scrolls both the Selector and the HUD at the same time

EDIT: Was looking around in options and found out the scroll bug works with anything with a scroll bar. EDIT3: also spontaneously pops up TMBI menu when its closed, if you last used that HUD before opening brick menu

EDIT2: As suggestion, add a keybind to instascroll to the next row.

Oh yea whoops sorry conan thats a problem just with the version I sent you.  I don't actually have a single mouse with a wheel in my entire house so I can't test that.  I'll send you something that I think should fix that.

Also the TMBI reopening is something I specifically put in.
And the scrolling to the next row is ctrl + scroll.  You suggested that, remember?

But seriously, I would rather have this stuff in an email.

I think your problem with the brick inventory clearing might be you accidentaly pressed a number 0-9, which will load that fav, which will load blank if you have not yet used tmbi to save something there.
areyoulovingkiddingme.jpg

no, i know what's wrong with the damn thing and what causes it.

it's not that.

Also the TMBI reopening is something I specifically put in.

no, i meant that if you opened the tmbi menu, then opened a brick menu/whatever, the scrolling of the mouse autoopens it. i think your fix to the scrolling bug should also fix this too.

And the scrolling to the next row is ctrl + scroll.  You suggested that, remember?

i thought it was that but i couldn't find a keybind in the options menu to verify that. for some reason i was too lazy to actually try it though lol

areyoulovingkiddingme.jpg

no, i know what's wrong with the damn thing and what causes it.

it's not that.

Are you talking about the one on the HUD?  That isn't cleared when the playgui closes, or ever for that matter.  It should still be filled when you join a new server until you spawn and it sets itself to your first favorite.  If you can confirm what causes it to clear, send me a console trace.

i thought it was that but i couldn't find a keybind in the options menu to verify that. for some reason i was too lazy to actually try it though lol

No keybind needed

Are you talking about the one on the HUD?  That isn't cleared when the playgui closes, or ever for that matter.  It should still be filled when you join a new server until you spawn and it sets itself to your first favorite. If you can confirm what causes it to clear, send me a console trace.
what.

busy doing other stuff also on wrong computer

kthx, got it and now testing

1) Brick menu doesn't auto-show-up if you turn off "hide brick menu" in options
2) if TMBI is open (as in brick is selected on menu) and you have brick menu open and try to scroll the menu, it scrolls your bricks as well.
3) Saw this error once hosted; disappeared after opening options. Normal brick menu shows up behind the TMBI bottoom bar (hidden). Always show Brick HUD was on. Will try to replicate issue and post picture.
4) Pressing "B" to exit the brick menu does not save bricks
5) The blue bg for the selected row is a little too blue, drowning out the image of a brown baseplate if you select it. Get a brown baseplate, put it in the row, and select it to see what I mean.

It never does...

It never does...

I have had like half of my beta testers complain about this.  The escape key and the cancel button shouldn't buy bricks.  In the original one your HUD inventory only got new bricks when you specifically clicked on the done button.  I could make it a preference in the TMBI options, I guess?

It never does...

Then what have I been doing for the last 2 years during building :o

I could make it a preference in the TMBI options, I guess?
do it, increase productivity