Author Topic: Whats the difference between the white and black Xbox 360?  (Read 43691 times)

I've been looking online for an Xbox 360 because I might be getting one by next month, but I've found black ones and white ones. I've have NEVER owned an Xbox 360 or Xbox, so I don't usually care about the differences but now that I'm thinking of getting one I'm curious. Is there any differences between the black and white Xbox 360s besides the color and shape?

Elites are black. I'd go with that if you are a hardcore gamer

Everything's built in with the black one. (No buying internet addapter like white, i think the hard drive is inside on the black one) I dunno I really don't pay attention to consoles.

Everything's built in with the black one. (No buying internet addapter like white, i think the hard drive is inside on the black one) I dunno I really don't pay attention to consoles.
That too. Most stuff is built in to an elite, I believe wireless Internet is the main feature of that. Probably harddrive too.

Elites are black. I'd go with that if you are a hardcore gamer

Would playing games for at least 3 or more hours everyday make me a "hardcore gamer"?

Would playing games for at least 3 or more hours everyday make me a "hardcore gamer"?
No casual gamer.

Memory basically, that's the only difference

But there is that newer Xbox which is black as well. But it has a shiny case, built in wifi, more USB slots and allot more memory

EDIT: The new one is also more quiet

One comes with KFC
They are both tribal.

Memory basically, that's the only difference

But there is that newer Xbox which is black as well. But it has a shiny case, built in wifi, more USB slots and allot more memory

EDIT: The new one is also more quiet

The new consoles also have only one cooling fan per unit, where as a normal Xbox has two. This is why the new models are quieter.

And some of the buttons on the console, like the power button, are touch sensitive.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 09:46:41 AM by CpW »

I always thought it was just because white ones were older lol.

My elite doesnt have built in Wifi, unless that new one is called the Generation 2 Elite I think you may have the names confused

White ones ARE older. They're also pieces of stuff. Mine got the RROD like 8 times.

Black ones is the elite which is invulnerable (i think, or maybe has a low chance) to RRoD.

I currently have a white xbox, I've had it for like 4 years now.

White ones ARE older. They're also pieces of stuff. Mine got the RROD like 8 times.
Mine only got the RROD once, when the power surged, and I could still use it