Author Topic: Kill triggers.  (Read 1959 times)

Enough said. But, would be nice if they were savable..

i got them :D

but i cant get them to save..that would invole editing the main .cs witch are .dso'ed

Can you upload it? And tell me were to put them.

Maybe we could make them savable by making them a brick..? Just an idea..

Maybe we could make them savable by making them a brick..? Just an idea..
Impossible to make a trigger into a brick to be saved in Blockland, as you'd need to mod the engine itself to...

I can't think straight again...I'm just going to say it's impossible and leave out comments about doing it with engine stuff.

There's always the Save Mission button.

What about having the "Killtrigger" as an invisible item which on spawn, creates a trigger around the brick? Then the item will be saved as normal and when loaded it'll execute the onAdd event for itself - creating the trigger.

Nope, has to be an item, Triggers can't be Items. You'd need Badspot to code Triggers in to v1.03 as a something to save. Btw, triggers are invisible, what's the point of saying "invisible item" when triggers are invisible. Everyone stop suggesting datablocks other then items to be saved onto a brick like an item you set, it's not possible unless Badspot puts it into the DSO'd code.

Badspot

• Administrator
There's always the Save Mission button.

What about having the "Killtrigger" as an invisible item which on spawn, creates a trigger around the brick? Then the item will be saved as normal and when loaded it'll execute the onAdd event for itself - creating the trigger.

This would work

How so? I thought you coded the gui to only work with items, lights, effects, and weapons. I thought you'd need to edit your dso'd file in charge of that to include triggers and maybe add a size gui with visual representation during editing to tell the size and placement.
...You'd need Badspot to code Triggers in to v1.03 as a something to save...

Badspot

• Administrator
1. Make an invisible item called killTriggerItem
2. In killTriggerItem::onadd() create a kill trigger around the brick it is attached to.  Use the world box of the brick to determine the size of the trigger
3. In killTriggerItem::onRemove() remove the kill trigger

The trigger will not be saved but the item will be.  When the item is loaded, the trigger will be re-created. 

This is exactly what Space Guy suggested, you just weren't reading it right.

Nice, you should make some triggers that do that for v1.03 so that we all have it :D