Author Topic: How to make a brick move  (Read 855 times)

How do you. Like how do you make a brick move like in a arcade game like the Blockland Pong Game.

The pong is a projectile, not a brick. You can't move bricks. The closest thing to moving a brick is having the appearance of movement.

The pong is a projectile, not a brick. You can't move bricks. The closest thing to moving a brick is having the appearance of movement.
No Orthrone I mean like when in the Pong Game, there are the + and - buttons and you click them and the bricks move up and down. I don't mean like physically move. I mean like dissapearance moving.

You can use the wrench to see how it's done. I've never actually looked at the events, but I would assume it uses relays, and then setting Dissapear to -1 to make it dissapear, or 0 to make it appear.

You can use the wrench to see how it's done. I've never actually looked at the events, but I would assume it uses relays, and then setting Dissapear to -1 to make it dissapear, or 0 to make it appear.

Take off ray casting, then when the pong is to go away use set ray casting on and then the pong will dissapear
Using onprojectilehit

The bricks do not move. There are bricks there, and all but one are invisible. Pressing those buttons activate events that make ones above or below appear.

Actually pong doesn't make the other bricks disappear, it just turns brick highlight on and off and changes the colors from white to black.

Yeah yeah I know but HOW do you do it. I don't think I could do it by just looking into the pong device.... Or maybe i can. :3

If you cannot use disappear and relay events, there is little hope for you.

Actually pong's "brick movement" probably uses seteventsenabled - which can be slightly more complex.

I cannot for the life of me understand how the pong events work.

I cannot for the life of me understand how the pong events work.
OnActivate-self-spawnprojectile-pong
OnProjectilehit-namedbrick(scoreboard)-incprintscore or whatever.

that's pretty much the gist of it.

OnActivate-self-spawnprojectile-pong
OnProjectilehit-namedbrick(scoreboard)-incprintscore or whatever.

that's pretty much the gist of it.
Hurr durr. I mean the part where you move the paddle.

Hurr durr. I mean the part where you move the paddle.
That's just an OnActivate turning the raycast on, then turning all the other bricks off. Each brick/paddle has a name, and when one comes on, the others shut off.