Author Topic: Problems with hosting a server  (Read 1321 times)

Hi everyone, I am having problems hosting a server. Sometimes people get on my server, but most of the time it seems that people can't get on to my server. I already port forworded, and when i check the master list while I wait for people to join, my server is shown. The processor inlit thing keep on showing weird things. Can someone please help me?

Hi everyone, I am having problems hosting a server. Sometimes people get on my server, but most of the time it seems that people can't get on to my server. I already port forworded, and when i check the master list while I wait for people to join, my server is shown. The processor inlit thing keep on showing weird things. Can someone please help me?

What does your ping say?

I evan did a ping test on my router and it was sucsessful

I just checked right now and its dead (---)

I just checked right now and its dead (---)

Did you make sure to set a static IP on your router?

Did you make sure to set a static IP on your router?
No, there is nothing i found on my router about setting a static IP. BTW, I live in Canada, maybe its bad connection.

Did you make sure to set a static IP on your computer?
Fixed.

http://blockland.us/portForward/
Step 3 is instructions on configuring a static IP.
To get the information to put in the boxes in the last step, type 'ipconfig' in the command prompt.

Fixed.

http://blockland.us/portForward/
Step 3 is instructions on configuring a static IP.
To get the information to put in the boxes in the last step, type 'ipconfig' in the command prompt.
Not fixed.

There is also an option to set a static IP for your router. This is because the public IP address needs to be configured outside of the local network.

Can you host LAN games and join them from another computer?
If not, then set a static IP on your router.

The option may look similar to this:
[/url][/img]

Sorry for the images fail, it should look like this:

[/url][/img]

Or similar. Find it under "router setup" or "router settings"
Make sure to choose "Static IP" and not "Dynamic IP/ DHCP/ Auto"

Wow, double image fail?
loving ServImg

Anyways:

P.S. God damn I gotta start using that preview button :P

So this is on your router. . . il try

I have a different router and found something that looks like it. I found it on Main-> WAN but the problem is that you can't set it to static IP (where your red box is) and i realy don't want to mess up my router. What can I do now. My WAN IP s currently "fixed".

Not fixed.

There is also an option to set a static IP for your router. This is because the public IP address needs to be configured outside of the local network.
Yes, fixed.
That setting is for public IP, as you stated yourself, which may require contacting your ISP to setup. When people say you should set up a static IP for port forwarding, it is the private IP on the individual computer you are hosting on that needs to be static.

Again, to properly set up a static IP, follow this guide
Although the fact that people have successfully joined makes me believe that this is no the issue.

If thats the case then yes, I do. but when right clicked Local Area Connection, there was Internet Protocal Version 4 (Which looked like the one in the diagram) and Version 6. I picked Version 4 because it looked like the one in the diagram so was I right?