Author Topic: 24-hour?  (Read 1496 times)

how do you create a 24-hour server which stays on even though there is no-one on it??

The simplest method would be to start a dedicated and shut it off in 24 hours.

what???? keep my PC on???

im actully confused about dedidcated servers myself, please explain compleatly.

A dedicated server is just like any other server, except you don't actually have to be in it in order for it to run.
Just click  Dedicated.bat(ch?) and a command prompt type of window open up, and starts a server for you with your default settings.
There are commands you can use for the prompt window to interact with the people on your server.
You server will stay up as long as that window stays open, and your internet connection is active.
Also, be sure not turn off you pc  :cookieMonster:

oh, so technicly your still on blockland right?

no, your just hosting a server.
If you would like to join your own dedicated server, you would do it the same way as you would join any other server.

You won't be admin on it so make shure you have a password for that set so you can be admin or set up your server prefs to auto admin you.

Wow, I figuredd that out the second I went into the blockland program files...

fishpen0

Whenever I try to open a dedicated it opens the command window and then it just crashes....

Check you server settings file, you might have changed something there that you weren't suppoused to.

Whenever I try to open a dedicated it opens the command window and then it just crashes....
Some add-ons like to do that, my Dedi server has been broken since the 2nd day I got Blockland...

You have to leave your computer on to host a server. There is always a computer on when a server is up.

fishpen0

I never change anything, I think packer hit the nail on the head when he said its probably an addon(s)  I will just have to live with  non dedicateds....