Author Topic: Anonymous - What Is The Plan  (Read 1043 times)

Anonymous has made another operation. Maybe I'm late on this, maybe it's been posted already, but here it is.

"Anonymous isn't an organization for hacking and criminal activity. It's an "idea". This idea binds them together because they all want the same thing. Real freedom, and not a government run against the people, but for them, without exploiting them for raw power. They don't want to do the same thing everyday and sit at home comfortably numb to the chaos going around the world. They are bound together with this desire, but they don't force one general opinion. They respect each others'."

At least, that is what I am getting from their explanation.

Webste Link.
(or just click the image above)

Video Link.

What do you think about all this? Do you think they will actually be able to produce enough influence to do anything? I have a hard time believing they will be able to do much, but they have surprised me many times.

Discuss.

probably another bullstuff "operation" that wont change stuff

I didnt want to watch an 11 minute video.
Can you explain what exactly they're doing?

being huge friends

again

They want to change the world and stuff, like they can.

It does say on the website, but...
Apparently they are 1. spreading the word by spamming the streets with anonymous posters, stickers, tags, ect. 2. 'Educatin'g people on the 'corruption' while still referring people, then 3. Mobilizing and doing boycotts and protests and what not.
being huge friends

again
I'm not saying I support them, but what are you basing your opinion off of?

I'm not saying I support them, but what are you basing your opinion off of?
Well, for one, I've seen /b/.
Not very worthy of respect or anything positive.
Second, they've never actually done anything that impacted the US in the past.

Well, for one, I've seen /b/.
Not very worthy of respect or anything positive.
Second, they've never actually done anything that impacted the US in the past.
/b/ may have been the main origin, but I don't really think that every single member is a forgeted up kid. In fact, I bet most of them aren't. :P
Didn't do anything yet, but it's a possibility.

The plan is to destroy faith in the system in the end of it.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 02:29:40 AM by Faoeoa »

Groups like this springing up are idiots in the sense that attacking=good. Today's youth, including me, need to be more involved in politics, this debt crCIA should have never happened. If you don't have enough money to spend, you don't spend it, common sense that the government's of the world have forgotten.

Protests and strikes are the power of the people, and if these don't work, violence is a limited option.

The last time that a fraction of the internet could collectively change the entire world was never.

I can't remember any group that flat out stated "WE GON' CHANGE THE WORLD!" actually having changed the world. It's another project where the makers decided that they were awesome and competent, but will end up being forgotten.

Why change the world when it's going to end so soon?  :cookieMonster:

/b/ may have been the main origin, but I don't really think that every single member is a forgeted up kid. In fact, I bet most of them aren't. :P
I didn't say that they were.
There are some people that aren't idiots there.
In fact, I know of instances where a couple of them actually helped somebody.
I can't remember them exactly right now, but I do know that I remember hearing of them.
Didn't do anything yet, but it's a possibility.
I don't really think so.
It's just an internet community (granted, a large one).
I suppose that they technically could make an impact, but I don't think they will.