NVIDIA Graphic Tweak

Author Topic: NVIDIA Graphic Tweak  (Read 8967 times)

Note: This most likely works for ATI owners too, through ATI Catalyst (?), but the locations of the settings would be different, so will be the settings.

What we'll end up doing is:

(The photos are taken in-game, then cropped, having their background removed with 1 tolerance, as you can see outlines of the difference are relatively white, the "after" has less spreading that the left one, too. Also, custom studs)

I am not responsible for your game being laggy, if you consider your game laggy, just turn to your previous settings.

First thing you need to do is to open NVIDIA Control Panel. (Right click on Desktop > NVIDIA Control Panel)

• Collapse the 3D Settings collumn, then select "Manage 3D Settings".

• Press Add, move to your Blockland directory and select "blockland.exe".

• Change "Anisotropic filtering" to another value than Application-controlled, I'm using the maximum setting (x16).

• Change "Antialiasing - Gamma correction" to On.

• Change "Antialiasing - Mode" to "Override any application setting" then change "Antialiasing - Setting" to another value than x2, I'm using the maximum setting (x32 CSAA).

• Change "Antialiasing - Transparent" to another value, I'm using "8x (supersample).

• Change "Texture filtering - Anisotropic  sample optimization" to On.

• Press Apply then start your game, text your new settings in Singleplayer first on any map.

Weak video cards will experience issues, I personally use PALIT NVIDIA Overclocking Edition GTX 460 1GB DDR5 and it works nice and slim.

If you'd like to make an tutorial for ATI, go ahead, I'd even add it to the OP if you want me to.

Compatibility: If you tested the game with maximum settings and it works fine, please post your video card model to add it to the compatibility list, thanks.

• LeetZero: PALIT NVIDIA Overclocking Edition GTX 460 1GB DDR5
  • KoopaScooper: NVidia GeForce 9500GT 1GB DDR2 ~40 FPS on 30k bricks

More pictures:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 07:36:21 PM by LeetZero »

this is horribly confusing on ati

You can do this on the Intel graphic's menu. Although i'm not sure they're good enough...

Someone should figure out the ATI form because I can't find anything under my 3d settings on my ATI Radeon HD 4550 GDDR2 1gb

Someone should figure out the ATI form because I can't find anything under my 3d settings on my ATI Radeon HD 4550 GDDR2 1gb
same with my ATI Radeon 9550 /X1050.
What about fixing lighting?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 05:00:58 PM by Robo Dude »

I used to do this, but then I'd play L4D2 and it'd lag like heck on the title screen.

Wonder if it'll do that now that I have a better card? :o

this is horribly confusing on ati

CCC is easy, though it isn't on one single game. It applies to every game if you max out all AA settings.

This is awesome!
Thanks!

People with ATI cards are helpless, anyways sometimes older video cards do not support Anti-Aliasing.

Here's a good example of Aliased and Anti Aliased.
Picture on the Left is Aliased other one is Anti Aliased.
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2311/blocklandaa.png
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 05:49:46 PM by DrMaxwell »

People with ATI cards are helpless, anyways sometimes older video cards do not support Anti-Aliasing.

Mind linking that like I did instead of image-linking? It's stretching out the first page...

My menu doesn't look like that, even in advanced mode.

Mind linking that like I did instead of image-linking? It's stretching out the first page...
Try using a monitor that isn't an LCD monitor made prior to the year 2002.

Lol Bisjac showed me this years ago