Author Topic: The Sampapa Soccer League!  (Read 6527 times)

:P i think that was the reason tonce asked for it :P
No, he wanted it for basketball. Ya, he did request it first, but I never really saw him have it on his server.
I once made the ball seat-able and made 4 wheels, it still tips over too much, I also made it randomly fly around, it would be fun to sit on it and fly like crazy.
Bloopy did it first and bragged about it.

I first did it with Storeclerk, I made the horse go super fast, than he wanted me to make all of these other things, so I did my best, screwed up my files quite a lot and had to reinstall.
Anyway, the thing I really wanted to do is make the Jeep jump, but I couldn't anyone know how I would do this?

The horse uses player datablock while jeep uses wheeled vehicle datablock. You can't exchange them freely, you'd loss wheel drive-ability for it.

I first did it with Storeclerk, I made the horse go super fast, than he wanted me to make all of these other things, so I did my best, screwed up my files quite a lot and had to reinstall.
Anyway, the thing I really wanted to do is make the Jeep jump, but I couldn't anyone know how I would do this?

Easy enough. Use JeepVehicle::onTrigger and do something like...
Code: [Select]
%vec = %obj.getvelocity();
%vec = VectorAdd(%vec,"0 0 3");
%obj.setvelocity(%vec);
^^^Would make it just have more Z velocity, change the 3 around a bit if you like.

EDIT: Use the one I attatched, press jump on a jeep. :P
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 07:40:18 PM by Aloshi »

Aloshi, change "press space" to "press Jump Key" since that is rebind-able. I rebinded most of my keys to the center of my keyboard for easy access. Also, He wanted jump animation for it. I knew he could use onTrigger, but without a realistic looking jump, it's just going up in the are flat (unless it angles, and that won't be effected like a jump, more like a push up.)

He didn't specify he wanted new animations. :P

Well add some motion like jumping to that, please :D

How bout a jet emitter underneath the jeep?

whatever makes it jump :D

I tinkered around with some of the vehicles.
I changed the horse a bit, I changed the line that says "ui name = "blah" or whatever to SuperHorse, and I named the file Vehicle_SuperHorse.cs problem is, it's not showing up in the vehicles list, and yes I did tick it in the addons box, what am I doing wrong?

....Partizan, as you know, you made a topic about that. Don't hijack this one, revive the other one

But no one likes to look in topics started by me  :panda:
Besides, it's a simple one paragraph answer, and this topic has been already derailed.

don't derail it more, it'll go into the river and you'll get banned for the people who drowned because of it. Put it back on rail/ontopic!

When's the next soccer match?

When Sampapa gets back from Florida