Author Topic: Trying to Port Forward on a different PC  (Read 1104 times)

I remember raging on another topic... Well thats over now. I'm on my main laptop soo.

Yeah I'm tryin to port forward but I don't know what my router is. I mean i'm using a laptop so it dosen't have any router connected to it. I remember one time me being able to host servers on here but not any more. So whats my router?

Port forwarding is the same for wireless and wired.

Port forwarding is the same for wireless and wired.
K I checked my main router in one of the rooms. It seems I have a Wireless-G Broadband Router. I will look that up on portforward.com.

K I checked my main router in one of the rooms. It seems I have a Wireless-G Broadband Router. I will look that up on portforward.com.
Nvm I'm Linksys. And I can't find any resembling router in the Linksys area.

Then just choose any random tutorial. As I said before, the only difference between all the seperate tutorials for all the different routers is where to go in your router control panel to find the port forwarding page. If you took just one minute to simply look around the control panel, you'd find it no problem.
As for username/password, go here try some of Linksys' other default username/passwords. If none of those work, ask your parents if they changed it.

If your connected to the same router, give yourself the same IP as the computer that has the ports forwarded.

If your connected to the same router, give yourself the same IP as the computer that has the ports forwarded.
Two computers can not share the same IP.