Author Topic: Skybox: Reflection Image  (Read 6507 times)

Alright, so I have a 1782x1782 texture that I am going to use for the skybox in a map. I know that you divide the texture into six pieces-one for each side of a cube-but could I divide it into five pieces instead? So the bottom texture would be different from the sky, like Plate?

Next, how would I go about dividing it into five pieces if one is supposed to be for the top?

Here is the texture scaled down, if it will help in any way.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 09:41:58 PM by Awdax »

Won't work. You have to have other parts, you would have 5 suns right now. As for the bottom, you can use a 16x16 color texture.

Won't work. You have to have other parts, you would have 5 suns right now. As for the bottom, you can use a 16x16 color texture.

Alright thanks. Pretty sure this won't be the only question I'll have related to this, so until then, I'll keep this locked.

I'm not sure if this is correct, but you use the Terrain Texture Painter and paint terrain onto the Slate Edit for a visible ground, right?

Whenever I hit add and scroll through the avaliable textures, after I choose one, I can't use it. It doesn't appear in the tiny preview box above the "Add" button.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 05:20:02 PM by Awdax »

I'm not sure if this is correct, but you use the Terrain Texture Painter and paint terrain onto the Slate Edit for a visible ground, right?

Whenever I hit add and scroll through the avaliable textures, after I choose one, I can't use it. It doesn't appear in the tiny preview box above the "Add" button.
Textures should be .jpg and be 256x256 pixels. Do your textures follow that?

Textures should be .jpg and be 256x256 pixels. Do your textures follow that?

Yes. For now until I package the map, I have it in Blockland/base/data/terrains.
Should that even make a difference?

As long as you're able to load in mission editor they should work, doesn't matter where the textures are located. Sounds to me like you have a weird glitch.

As long as you're able to load in mission editor they should work, doesn't matter where the textures are located. Sounds to me like you have a weird glitch.

Could it be because I am using Client_MissionEditor instead of the default built in Mission Editor? I've tried adding -mod editor to the end of the Shortcut's Target, but that doesn't work for some reason. I remember you used to have to download the Mission Editor separate, but I'm pretty sure it's built in now.

Do I need to do anything else before going to Terrain Texture Painted and loading a texture?
Also, I can't load any of the default textures.

EDIT: On maps like Bedroom I can load textures, but I can't paint them. But I want to edit Slate, add a terrain to that, like Slate Desert.

EDIT: Turns out I needed to edit the WaterBlock, but the terrains texture it too large. Do I fix this by resizing the actual texture?

Fixed it. Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 11:37:33 PM by Awdax »

Okay, so last night I was in Mission Editor and I moved the fxSunLight lower, since that is where I wanted the visible sun to be. But I forget how to move the fxSunLight into different positions, I've tried sunElevation but that does nothing for fxSunLight.

Make it lock to real sun (in the fxSunLight tab), there's a checkbox, and hit apply.

Make it lock to real sun (in the fxSunLight tab), there's a checkbox, and hit apply.

That's not what I'm trying to do though. I don't want it to lock to the real sun, I want it to be lower than the actual sun. But I can't seem to figure out how I lowered the fxSunLight before.

At least I think I did without lowering the real sun.

You mean the VISIBLE sun?

You mean the VISIBLE sun?

Yes. There is the Sun, which lights the map. And fxSunLight, which is there for cosmetic purposes.

I don't know what you're saying. Suns are only parts of skyboxes, the lighting is just where the sunlight comes from.

Just lower it's elevation. You can do this without moving the real one.