Author Topic: Ideal Size for a TC Light Entity  (Read 3966 times)

I'm messing around with TC's light and portal entities and I'd like to know what brightness the lightbulb in Bedroom is, or what brightness to make a bulb like that. I'd like to be able to add some custom lighting to my maps.

I've never been able to make it work, what did you DO?

Just placed a light lol. I know one of the prefabs loads with like fifteen lights, and I tried it out in Blockland. The issue is that I don't have enough time to try out tons of different light types to see which is best for Blockland.

I'm also fairly sure there are some light types that are loadable in mission editor but I've never tried those.

Put the light's media in the zip folder.  Use the mis file's file path to select "Add-Ons/Map_Blabla/LightTexture.png"

Not lightfx, light entities in Torque.

I tried one light entity, it didn't work (no light) so I just gave up. I feel like a loser now :C

If someone finds the one the bedroom light uses tell me please ;)

I just tried a light with an intensity of 100.0, and it lights up a good portion of area, I'd estimate about 10x10 bricks worth of space.

This is pretty valuable information for us mappers. :D

Which one was it? Was it Constructor or Torque? Point? Emitter?

Which one was it? Was it Constructor or Torque? Point? Emitter?
Cnstructor and Point.

And, a correction, while the light does somewhat take up a 10x10 area, it will travel further along faces of an interior. So while the light doesn't reach over a terrain-based hill, it may shine along a wall that spreads over the hill.

Ok, i'll see if it works.

EDIT: Hrrmm, didn't work. I re-lit it and all.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 05:28:14 PM by Nasoa »

Ok, i'll see if it works.

EDIT: Hrrmm, didn't work. I re-lit it and all.
Weird, it worked for me. :c