Poll

Have you had this problem before? Or is it happening still?

Yes
14 (73.7%)
No
5 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Only SOME people can join my server  (Read 2658 times)

Yeah so I can finnaly host a joinable server. Only like 1 of my friends can join my server. I IRCed the other 3 to come join so they could help me with my deathrun but after they connected, they said that they coulden't join. Is this a port problem or am I like just hosting a bad server?

Please help. I can't just be able to host a server where not many people can join. :c

Have them click the "Query Internet" button if they can't join and then see if it works.

Have them click the "Query Internet" button if they can't join and then see if it works.
I had them do that and I even had a few restart their blockland but still no luck. Im assuming its a port problem am I correct?

OK SERIOUSLY!? WHY DO I GET OVER 20 VIEWS YET NOBODY RESPONDS BUT THE GUY ABOVE ME?!?!

Get them to connect to your IP.

OK SERIOUSLY!? WHY DO I GET OVER 20 VIEWS YET NOBODY RESPONDS BUT THE GUY ABOVE ME?!?!
Fyi 20 views isn't a lot, stupid. There's no reason for you to freak out like a handicapped 5 year old.

Fyi 20 views isn't a lot, stupid. There's no reason for you to freak out like a handicapped 5 year old.
Pft. You only say that because you don't fully understand my god damn problem here. >.>

Actually, I want everybody to join my server without telling them to connect by IP adresss. And some of my friends tell me that when they try to join, it keeps saying "Sending Punch Packet" and they can't join. And i've been digging up some simmilar answers and I found this guy who had the same problem as I did. It seems like ever since Badspot made it so that you don't have to port forward anymore, it just broke blockland so some people cant join my server. But I still don't understand that because at my best friend's server, anybody can join his server. But why can't mine. Is there seriously any way to fix this?  :panda:

Have you port forwarded? Do you have a router. What model?

Have you port forwarded? Do you have a router. What model?

He has one: It's made up of empty Happy Meal boxes, dust, chicken wire, and whatever he could find in his trash.

But seriously, you must have a bad router. I got a new one to replace the one I had for 12 years a few days back, and nothing bad has happened since.

Eh, most routers can port forward. Even ones back from the 90's
The problem is most likely he has not port forwarded correctly.

Router specs please

Thats the way I like it. More posts. :)
But no I've been able to port forward before. A long time ago and my server was completely joinable. Now only some people can join my server. I wonder what is wrong. Anyway I took some browser pics of what I was doing... Any way to help?

... I can't take browser pictures on this PC. I will get them later. In the mean time, This is what I have port forwarded to in text.

Application: Blockland
Start Port: 23000
End Port: 23030
Protocol: Both
IP Address: 192.168.1.[103]
Enable: True

Thats the way I like it. More posts. :)
But no I've been able to port forward before. A long time ago and my server was completely joinable. Now only some people can join my server. I wonder what is wrong. Anyway I took some browser pics of what I was doing... Any way to help?

... I can't take browser pictures on this PC. I will get them later. In the mean time, This is what I have port forwarded to in text.

Application: Blockland
Start Port: 23000
End Port: 23030
Protocol: Both
IP Address: 192.168.1.[103]
Enable: True

Sorry for quoting but it also shows that nobody is in my game. When I host an internet server, and I use In-Game Server Joiner, I see my server and that its ping is ---, and that there is 0 players in it. It dosen't even show MY player?

You forwarded the wrong ports. Do 28000-28032.

/topic