Author Topic: Looking for good headphones.  (Read 1763 times)

So yeah, I need some good headphones and I automatically jump to you guys for help. I want them so I can A) listen to music that some people who are around a lot don't really like (see: Nelly's old songs) and something good for gaming, too. I had my eyes on some good Turtle Beach ones at Walmart today, but the evil bastards had a chunk of plastic connecting the rail they hang it on to the rail they hang the price tag on so people couldn't steal it and I couldn't see all of the specs.

Something that can connect to both and Xbox 360 and PC would be nice.


I own the Steel Series Siberia headphones. Those work really well and are comfortable as hell is hot, but sound has habit of leaking out so it's not difficult for people around you to decipher what you're listening to if you have it high enough.

Headphone Guide

Click it. I'm not putting the image here because it's loving huge. It's probably your best bet though.

also ignore the stuff about a thread, it's normally on /b/ and stuff

So I just bought the Turtle Beach X11 out of recommendation from a friend.

Terrible, never buy them.

They sounded like stuff, I listened to a song earlier today with pretty good quality and when I listened to it with the headset it was terrible. There is a constant buzzing in the background, even with the microphone off, there are random pulses of noise like electrical cracks every few minutes. The sound was so out of balance when I played Left 4 Dead 2 it made me want to stab myself in the ears. The microphone was also pretty stuffty, though not as bad as the rest of it. Dear god, I can't imagine what the X1 was like.

Taking those forgeters back tomorrow and buying real headphones. The list of features and stuff? That was just polish on a turd.

I mean holy stuff, those things were not worth even close to $60.
Curse-ridden rant over.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 02:37:17 AM by Jacob/Lee »

So I just bought the Turtle Beach X11 out of recommendation from a friend.

Terrible, never buy them.

They sounded like stuff, I listened to a song earlier today with pretty good quality and when I listened to it with the headset it was terrible. There is a constant buzzing in the background, even with the microphone off, there are random pulses of noise like electrical cracks every few minutes. The sound was so out of balance when I played Left 4 Dead 2 it made me want to stab myself in the ears. The microphone was also pretty stuffty, though not as bad as the rest of it. Dear god, I can't imagine what the X1 was like.

Taking those forgeters back tomorrow and buying real headphones. The list of features and stuff? That was just polish on a turd.

I mean holy stuff, those things were not worth even close to $60.
Curse-ridden rant over.
I bought them I few days ago, there beast.


I just bought this, however it is a Headset.
http://steelseries.com/products/audio/steelseries-7h-usb

They're really nice quality, and I bought them at futureshop for a total of $180 CAN.
I can blare them full volume on the dial and my ipod, and no one can hear a thing.
I have yet to test if they can connect to my Xbox.

I personally recommend anything from Steelseries.


« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 03:14:24 AM by Jubel »

Click for larger.


EDIT: Sulfate posted it already. Whatever.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 03:44:23 AM by dkamm65 »

So I just bought the Turtle Beach X11 out of recommendation from a friend.

Terrible, never buy them.

They sounded like stuff, I listened to a song earlier today with pretty good quality and when I listened to it with the headset it was terrible. There is a constant buzzing in the background, even with the microphone off, there are random pulses of noise like electrical cracks every few minutes. The sound was so out of balance when I played Left 4 Dead 2 it made me want to stab myself in the ears. The microphone was also pretty stuffty, though not as bad as the rest of it. Dear god, I can't imagine what the X1 was like.

Taking those forgeters back tomorrow and buying real headphones. The list of features and stuff? That was just polish on a turd.

I mean holy stuff, those things were not worth even close to $60.
Curse-ridden rant over.

yours must be defective because mine work fine. no constant buzzing or random cracking. everything sounds just fine lol. either that or you hooked them up wrong

...but why would you buy turtle beaches as headphones? or did you buy them with using them as a headset in mind?


I use a Logitech headset for my computer it's great but wouldn't work on your 360 probably because it isn't compatible with my ps3. I use skull candy for my zune, and they sound fine, but are uncomfortable, i don't recommend them.