Author Topic: My name is Stephanie W. Hollinsworth  (Read 3063 times)



So I decided to check my AOL mailbox for the lulz (I have like, over 8000 emails) and I start seeing these messages pop up from seemingly real people. They seem to not be spam cause they’re not asking for money or if I want to enlarge my snake.

Apparently I’m someone named Stephanie.

Also, I keep getting emails from different “news letters” with the name Stephanie.

I have two, no, three theories.

1) Someone out there has a very similar sounding email, perhaps her name is Stephanie Wilma Hollie or whatever and so Swholli is mine and hers is like Swhollie and people kept forgetting to add the e in their mailing list and she sometimes does herself when signing up for stuff.

2) At one point in my internet shenanigans I used my AOL account to sign up for some site that I didn’t trust (because AOL is my go to “I know I will get spam from you” email). I perhaps even used the name Stephanie. The “personal” emails really are spam, just more elaborate spam designed to get you to email back and somehow that does something for them. Whatever.

3) (and this is my favorite) I’ve somehow been secretly passing myself off as a female named Stephanie, have married this guy named Shaun (yes, apparently I have a husband according to these emails) and the best part is, I don’t even know I’m doing this myself. Maybe it’s like some form of hypnosis, maybe it’s like me from the future come back and gotten a love change. Whatever the reason, subconsciously I keep signing up for things with my old AOL email.

Now you tell me what this is and why I’ve got them.

I’m almost tempted to send an email pretending to be this Stephanie just to see if it’s real people on the other end. They seem to be family emails, and there seems to be some sort of mother-in-law who they refer to as Nana.

I’m checking through all 8000 emails now to see if there are more and to see when this started. This is the most exciting thing I’ve done all day.



I guess I live in Nashville Tennessee. And apparently I got my job back last year.



HOLLINSWORTH. HER NAME IS STEPHANIE W. HOLLINSWORTH AND THEY THINK THAT MY EMAIL IS HER EMAIL.

THIS IS SO EXCITING.

Have you guys ever seen that movie Conspiracy Theory with Mel Gibson? This is exactly like that.

tl;dr

Some woman has a name so close to mine that people keep confusing her email as mine and I've been getting her emails. Her name is Stephanie W. Hollinsworth, my name is Scott W. Hollingsworth.
Have you guys ever seen that movie Conspiracy Theory with Mel Gibson? This is exactly like that.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 10:46:00 PM by Swholli »



you're one special dumpling.

Ask for their PIN numbers B)

oh god im actually lol'ing right now. HEY STEPHANIE NICE TO SEE YA I NEED YA TO SIGN THIS NICE TO SEE YA BACK. but my theory is the 1'st one.

Naw man, number 3 makes the most logical sense.

Damn I really want to make my own alter ego now.

Damn Cucumber dip?

What? Also this is pretty funny lol

are you a girl??? (because you r name is stephanie) if so please marry me or be my gil friend


Tom

I got this email a couple days ago, took me a second to realize it's probably spam.


I wouldn't reply to them, you'll risk getting a lot more spam.

Damn I really want to make my own alter ego now.
Me and Dodger could help you...just add our steams....sssssss

No srs

I got this email a couple days ago, took me a second to realize it's probably spam.


I wouldn't reply to them, you'll risk getting a lot more spam.

No, that's obviously spam. These are real people, I kid you not. The more emails I read, the more I realize this woman doesn't know her own email.

In all honesty, this is what I think happened. She has a hotmail or some stuff, something I've never signed up for. So it's Swholli@whatevertheforget.com and she either is dumb and thinks she has an AOL account, or she doesn't want people emailing her, so she just tells them AOL not realizing stuff would be sent to me.



Relay for Life? What spam message would go to that much trouble to provide an address and a reasonable, real life thing I could fact check?

an alien borrowed your e-mail because making a new one would get it caught.

it didn't know what your name was