Author Topic: Cathedral(2) WIP  (Read 9034 times)

I'm not dead yet :D
And yes, I know, I'm obsessed with Cathedrals.
I dunno how long I'll take on this, I'm hoping a year. Im posting this really, for constructive criticism. I'm going to throw things off the top of my head into this, so give me some time to get things in it that look good.
Suggestions are appreciated :D
*UPDATE*
41,098 bricks.
I'm getting a good 32 fps on this.

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm1nZnk5azQ
You might not hear from me a lot until this is done, just keep in mind that Nate hasn't died, he's just hibernating. >_>
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 09:44:25 PM by Nate »

hmmm
if i may rate it for being a wip
i give it an 8
it seems to over use the cylinder brick in places it doenst really need it
and the fences dont match the style of the building
but otherwise it looks to pwn
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 09:25:31 PM by ladios »

If this gets 100% complete it'll be... Frickin huge. This would take days to make, and when I mean days I mean 24 hours of work.

the "fence" is what has me not liking this the most - don't get me wrong though, this is a very good build so far.  try playing with different "fence" technique. : )

when its done it will probly kill any com it touchs...lag god :D

... speechless, thats freaking huge! The Best Build I've Seen On Blockland EVER. (too bad i wont ever be able to join a server cuz of UBER lag...)1000/10

I am really proud of you Nate. I didn't think a whole lot of the first Cathedral... I mean, well, it was great, but pretty sloppy in some areas and just... it's nothing compared to this! This has the potential to be one of the if not the best build in Blockland so far! I don't know if I could have the patience of that monster! I did, however, find I few areas where *I believe* could have more detail added to them. These are only suggestions, if you don't like them, please don't change!

(I really would love to see a statue)

EDIT: If you need clarification on any of the suggestions feel free to AIM me, I kinda wrote sloppy :P.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 11:53:24 PM by Pimpin »

Adding guardrails would probably also mean redoing the fencing.

i liked 2nd pic, give dramatic scene.
i think a saw something just like your, im not sure tho if its yours, heres the pic.

Thats a tower of King hyrule's project.
Think thats what his name is can't remeber how it is spelt.

Anyway your doing a great job nate keep it up.
It will be a 2 month long project i think but if you complete it, it will be the most amazing thing ever built on retail. (IMO)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 07:32:48 AM by Mr Smash »

I hate you. You have successfully pwnt my cathedral.

Where is king hyrule?
Haven't seen him lately
But the build is cool, but it needs much more detail

« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 03:29:26 AM by Nate »

Looks nice, look forward to walking through it.

I'm seriously blown away by the huge scale of this build, and how terrific it looks so far. Well done!

But judging by the size of it, and your constant use of 1x2 bricks. I'm just wondering, will you beable to complete it before you reach the brick limit?