Author Topic: "LAG" bug.  (Read 2549 times)

I want to note that i've been having a major bug where I get the yellow "LAG" symbol but i can still see people chatting, hear them, and on one occasion i could see someones ghost brick moving around and placing bricks, its not my connection becuase I've had this problem sense BETA and I've had 3 differn't internet connections. I currently have a cable connection. I would like to know if there is a fix for this or if other people have been getting it.

Hmm.. If its just the icon that is bugging you just delete it or do some basic scripting to hide it.

Check what your network thingy's set at? It might be on the wrong thing for your internet.

I've gotten it as well on rare occasions, Eastlink might be bottlenecking our bandwidth....... O.o

I get that on Age of Time sometimes to.  Just wait it out?

Badspot

• Administrator
This is a long standing torque bug.  Apparently it was fixed for Marble Blast Ultra, but the actual shipped code of the game does not contain the proposed fixes that people in the GG office have suggested.  There is definitely a bug involving memory corruption around the network packet stuff that I'm tracking down - it may be related but it's main effect is that the server crashes.

I had this problem on age of time a lot, but i havent had the problem on blockland yet.

Shawn, go to ladios's server, happened around every 5 minutes for me, it even happened on spawn......we called them lagging out, Ladios didn't invite me to his board game to show the others how to play because of it (since I'd keep leaving and joining from it)

I've gotten it as well on rare occasions, Eastlink might be bottlenecking our bandwidth....... O.o
Oh snap, where you from?

You live in the same town as me...
Help.

EDIT: Thank god there is another halifax in Canada, I was getting scared :(
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 06:31:45 PM by Terror »

I get the same sort of thing.  I can't move, the screen doesn't seem to update, but I can hear and the chatHUD updates, other than I can't send messages as far as I can tell.

I get it on RBL a lot, but not as much as I used to on RTB.

Another problem is you send messages and it takes 5 mins just to appear on the chat. Very annoying when you trying to say "LAG!!!".

...Packer...you aren't that stupid......please, PLEASE don't talk like that. Even if you are joking