Author Topic: The Well Known Animation Problem (Solution)  (Read 938 times)

As alot of animaters of Milkshape 3D come across a problem with animations.

This will be:
When you make your animation, most often happens when your moving a joint that has one or more joints that are assigned to other parts of the model. Its just so irritating.

I was animation a model I just happened to finish today (Sonic - Dont ask for release, not going to happen), and every time i try to animate "death", "sit", and "walk". I get that same problem as it moves the entire model in previous and future animations you create.

So, would anyone know some tips to fix this common issue?

Heres a little edit: This also occurs when your moving something when animating.

Heres a little solution that helped me.
Looks like I came up with a little tip while experimenting with animations. Its similiar or the same thing as to:

What Blastdown said in his JVS Content tutorial.
Sometimes the handle may start to come upward/download while you rotate the door, this has bothered me to no end.
The only way I can remember to fix it, is to rotate it forward then backward back to the same position (don't take a keyframe during this). Of course, by the time you realize the odd handle rotation, you will probably have undo some of the animations you just did to fix it.
Well, you select all joints and move them once and then move them back, but you DO set a keyframe when doing this. This sets all the joints into that place and cannot be moved out of place by anything else.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 10:23:03 PM by Uxie »

Open the model, make 1 animation, in this case, death, export as .dsq, with the death animation, make sure you turn on split dsq, and voialla, just repeat that step for every animation rather than adding all the animations in one sitting, worked for me
er forget, re-read it and I have never had this problem

Open the model, make 1 animation, in this case, death, export as .dsq, with the death animation, make sure you turn on split dsq, and voialla, just repeat that step for every animation rather than adding all the animations in one sitting, worked for me
er forget, re-read it and I have never had this problem
lol.

When I make some animations, they merge a bit with others.

Looks like I came up with a little tip while experimenting with animations. Its similiar or the same thing as to:

What Blastdown said in his JVS Content tutorial.
Sometimes the handle may start to come upward/download while you rotate the door, this has bothered me to no end.
The only way I can remember to fix it, is to rotate it forward then backward back to the same position (don't take a keyframe during this). Of course, by the time you realize the odd handle rotation, you will probably have undo some of the animations you just did to fix it.
Well, you select all joints and move them once and then move them back, but you DO set a keyframe when doing this. This sets all the joints into that place and cannot be moved out of place by anything else.