Your Ancient Origin - Mainly war culture

Author Topic: Your Ancient Origin - Mainly war culture  (Read 3325 times)

Some of you may have lengthening roots to historical origins you might want to share, here is mine.
My known ancestors are generally posted in East Europe now known as Ukraine, Bulgaria, and Russian culture, etc. They are called as the Slavs, and are portrayed as a peaceful farming societies between villages and tribes. They at first wore no armor and rode on horses while battling with weaved shields. This however ended when the Kievan Rus empire was formed and armies were forged.

They were a very viking/Celtic mixture.

Our enemies are Germanic tribes, Asian vagabonds of the steppe, and some viking invaders.

Quote from: Ancient Military
The ancient Slavs never had it particularly easy. They always seemed to be between powerful adversaries; stuck between the warlike Germans and the martially powerful steppe nomads or developing between the Frankish and Byzantine Empires, the super powers of their day. To the North of the Slavs lived the fierce Scandinavians, a society that produced the mighty Vikings and who conquered many lands. Yet amazingly the Slavs survived, and bewilderingly, they even thrived. Slavic tribes burst forth from their homeland and conquered and settled half of Europe, forever changing the history of the continent and the world. Few of the lands that were slavasized by these ancient warriors were ever taken back by their opponents, and the migration of the Slavs continue to this day, particularly in their ancient drive to the East. Yet, the ancient Slavs that achieved this great expansion were never considered to be one of the great warrior societies in history.
Quote from: Slavic Forum
Described as being unusually tall and strong, Slavic warriors typically used a wide range of weapons. A single warrior may carry a shield, spear, ax, sling and bow. They were known for their Spartan life style and ancient writers recorded that they were often quick to attack. They used bows and three bladed arrows similar to those used by the steppe nomads. Early armies consisted of only a few hundred men who could move quickly into enemy territory and quickly retreat. The ancient historian Procopius tells us in Wars VII.14, 25, that the Slavs "fight on foot, advancing on the enemy, in their hands they carry small shields and spears, but they never wear body armor".” As the Slavs expanded they began using combined arms tactics, with archers, cavalry and infantry working in unison. Their armies used speed to their advantage and often employed ambushes, flanking assaults and guerilla tactics. They learned how to take fortified cities using siege weapons from the Byzantines and learned cavalry tactics from the steppe nomads. In the North they learned to use Viking style long ships, and even raided Scandinavia giving them a taste of their own medicine. The Slavs may have exchanged their knowledge of bridge building with the Scandinavians in exchange for knowledge of ship construction.

Some Noted Artwork

Generic Illustrations

I think I saw some beards.

All of my family's lineage is still here today.

We have a lot of German and Irish, and a little bit of French, but we are chiefly English.
We actually have a family crest :O

All of my family's lineage is still here today.
We have a lot of German and Irish, and a little bit of French, but we are chiefly English.
We actually have a family crest :O

I want to see :o

I think I saw some beards.

What warrior doesn't have a beard? Besides Conan <3

my ancestors,like most of the people in southern sweden, originate from the belgian walloons as they came here as immigrants a long time ago and made swords and stuff

Germanic tribes.

We meet again, Slav.

That was you running toward me, and me doing a terrible laugh accompanied by passing out.

My known ancestors are generally posted on the Cardinal Worlds now known as Ophelia IV, Ecclesiastical, and Imperial culture, etc. They are called as the Daughters of the Emperor, and are portrayed as a zealous warring societies between the forces of chaos and the xeno scourge. They at first wore no armor and rode on rhino transports while battling with blessed bolters. This however ended when the Ecclesiarchy was formed and sisterhoods were forged.

They were a very awesome/lovey mixture.

Our enemies are the Orks, the Eldar of the Craftworlds, and some tyranid invaders.

Some Noted Artwork

That was you running toward me, and me doing a terrible laugh accompanied by passing out.

Ancient wars are being revitalized

It's weird I have both French and English... and German... and Irish
CONFLICT RIGHT THERE

OH

I also predicted someone mentioning Warhammer, but I never imagined this :D

Bit o' Scot, bit o' German, bit o' English

I'm gonna get you.