Author Topic: ERROR: Null chat  (Read 1448 times)

After many hours of intensive testing (lolnotrly) i have concluded that if you're hosting a server, and anyone on your server presses t (or whatever they have it binded as..) to talk, but don't type anything, and then press enter, it will appear in your console as ERROR: Null chat. Is there any particular reason it does this? And can it be fixed.

Rex

It works if the host does it, too. Dunno why, though.

So? That is not a problem. It's to avoid message send when there's no actual text.
But If you want a fix, get Aloshi's emote mod. XD

Rex

...That is the most annoying addon...As far as I know, there is no other way to cancel a message without hitting enter. So, basically, hit "T" and you HAVE to talk or seem like a spamming handicap.

Null chat ftw. 

So? That is not a problem. It's to avoid message send when there's no actual text.
But If you want a fix, get Aloshi's emote mod. XD
Its annoying when your hosting a Dedicated server and you want to check the console after hosting.

Badspot

• Administrator
It's a reminder to me to fix it so that clients don't actually send blank chat messages to the server.

It's a reminder to me to fix it so that clients don't actually send blank chat messages to the server.

Posible way to crash servers? :O (and they cant find out who did it if there is more then one person)
CONSOLE OVERFLOW!!!! AHHHH!!!!