Author Topic: Somthings not right here...  (Read 2536 times)

Okay so I join AoT like normal, go far away and be too lazy to walk back, I try to Ctrl + K, but it says "You cannot Self Delete within 30 seconds of being stunned".. Okay I haven't been stuned lately, I wait more than 30 seconds, try Ctrl + K again, message comes up again. Weird. So I just blow myself up with dynamite.
But that's not all!
I wanted to get some black dye, wherelse to go but the volcano! So I walk myself there and jump in. Instead of being teleported to the volcano interior, I just fall into the pool of water under the smoke. I started to think interiors were broken. I went to the arena and could not enter. Same with the Woods.

Soo... yeah.. What the heck is going on here?

Okay so I join AoT like normal, go far away and be too lazy to walk back, I try to Ctrl + K, but it says "You cannot Self Delete within 30 seconds of being stunned".. Okay I haven't been stuned lately, I wait more than 30 seconds, try Ctrl + K again, message comes up again. Weird. So I just blow myself up with dynamite.
But that's not all!
I wanted to get some black dye, wherelse to go but the volcano! So I walk myself there and jump in. Instead of being teleported to the volcano interior, I just fall into the pool of water under the smoke. I started to think interiors were broken. I went to the arena and could not enter. Same with the Woods.

Soo... yeah.. What the heck is going on here?

This is called the 24.8 day bug. It's a known bug where the simtime (being a 4 byte integer) reaches it's maximum value and then rolls over to the minus numbers. Breaks a lot of things.

More information here: http://computer.howstuffworks.com/question75.htm

This is called the 24.8 day bug. It's a known bug where the simtime (being a 4 byte integer) reaches it's maximum value and then rolls over to the minus numbers. Breaks a lot of things.

Ok, I think I understand it, so is there any workaround for this?

Ok, I think I understand it, so is there any workaround for this?

Wait for Badspot to reset the server.

Can he not just set the server to restart every 24 days?

Can he not just set the server to restart every 24 days?

Did you even read the topic? The point is that the games clock itself breaks at that point. You can't set a schedule for it if the time keeping system is broken. Maybe he could set it earlier, but I'm sure there's a problem or he would have done it by now.

Wasn't that actually the 23.9 day bug?

Wasn't that actually the 23.9 day bug?

It's 24.8.

Max 4 bytes = 2147483647.

2,147,483,647 / 1000 = 2,147,483.647
2,147,483.647 / 60 = 35 791.3941
35,791.3941 / 60 = 596.523235
596.523235 / 24 = 24.8551348
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 03:43:46 AM by Hellboy Nat »