Poll

Which bricks should we use for coins?

1x1f
1x1 Round

Author Topic: Blockland Adventure Mode  (Read 10679 times)

You fight bosses that were beta testers, acomplish tasks, fight enemies.
I thought, why not? Why can't the community do this? We all know Badspot never will, he has difficulty getting out an
update with minimal bug fixes. Completing this would be a great thing for the community, almost as big as RTB was.
If you think you can do anything for this project, please volunteer. This will be completed, one way or another.

This will not be an RPG. It will have more 3D Platformer and shooter elements.

I'd like to base this on ideas that people have contributed, even if not directly to us.

You will primarily be a no-jet player, so gameplay can be easily regulated. Default/ Well known items will be
emphasized, so it's as-if it came with the game. You will defeat enemies, look for special bricks, defeat bosses,
and complete platforming challenges. It will come with BG music, some default and some composed. Vehicles will also
be emphasized. The game will be accessed via a new home menu button, which will open a level-select GUI. It will be
single player.

*Under Construction!*

Ok, here's the hard part. Community support is essential. Don't consider yourself too high or too lowly to help out.

I will be in charge, along with the head scripter.

*Director : Nasoa : 26543
*Head Scripter

This is the most important part, as scripters will create the entire architecture of the game.
I have been heisitant to say this, but we need Destiny's, DrenDran's, Chrono's and Nexus's on this. People very farmiliar
with torque. All the scripters take a leadership role. We also need one good with GUIs.

*Head Scripter
*Scripter One :
*Scripter Two : Uxie : ?
*Scripter Three : InfiniteLoop
*Scripter Four : Blocker : 17777

All builders need to be spectactularly good eventers. This is the actual in-game interactions, It really helps to own
with VCE and bot events.

*Pecon7 : 9643
*danisaac5 : 27857
*Sir Lancelot7 : 3284
*Phillip : 24585
*Gothboy77 : 14329
*Phantom Knight : 16558
*Purple Metro
*Darkmaster20

These people are in charge of UI elements, BG music, storylines, and whatever else I need done.

*Composer: Nasoa : 26543
*UI
*Writer One: Nasoa : 26543
*Writer Two: Sir Lancelot7 : 3824
*Modeler: Barakuda
*Modeler: ArmyUnit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to help, please give in-game name and I.D.

If you have nothing to contribute, please do not post, 'this will not get done, hurr durr.' If this just ends up being
a server with a level and a boss battle, then so be it, but if this is not done in it's full glory, it will be a shame,
because this will be a great thing for the community.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 08:38:21 PM by Nasoa »

Please do not flame. I'm completely serious about this.

Do you know anything about the scripting that goes into gamemodes?

I have some general knowledge.

Don't get your hopes up that this will be finished.

If you're serious about this, you should go through this whole topic. To get an idea of what levels there are, enemies etc.

Sign me up for *Scripter One. I know how gamemodes work Ive made 2. Breach and Hostage.

I could help with writing.

I could help with the eventing as I am very good with VCE. Also Nexus made this nifty landscape generator called Terragen that could possibly be used to create surplus landscape, with his permission.

hey im building something that could be used in the adventure mode, its still very wip but i could carry on with it for you if you want? its like and adventure map but with jvs t+t2 and rotondos zombies, could you sign me up as builder #1 please?

Alright, I need IDs and in-game names for everyone who wants to help, thank you for the support.

hey im building something that could be used in the adventure mode, its still very wip but i could carry on with it for you if you want? its like and adventure map but with jvs t+t2 and rotondos zombies, could you sign me up as builder #1 please?

Are you pretty good with bot events?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 08:37:11 AM by Nasoa »

Alright, I need IDs and in-game names for everyone who wants to help, thank you for the support.

Are you pretty good with bot events?
yeah, i wouldnt say im awesome, but im quite good, my id is 27857 and i have the same ingame name as my forum name

Ingamename: SirLancelot
BLID: 3824
How I can help:  I could write some of the story.  To see some of my work then look up my Picture Story, part one or two.  I am also quite experienced with Bot Events.  I could help out if anyone needed it.