Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 2894 times)

Tier Tactical is the way to slaughter toys now.

Welcome, please accept these cheese-its as a welcome-back present.

No.

I can't seem to get my Swiss Gun to work. I copied the .zip file into my Add-Ons folder, but I can't find it in-game. Is it supposed to show up at the rightmost corner of my screen along with the wrench and spray can?
1. Enable the add on
2. Spawn the item with your wrench by wrenching another brick
3. Pick up the gun
4. Set its mode with /SAG [mode here]
5. Success!

I worked it out last night, thanks anyway though.

Thanks for welcoming an old fart back. Heck, I'm sure I won't be missing the good 'ol spear gun that much, I'm more looking forward to new ways of dispatching legomen, perhaps machetes or something in that direction. I've been an avid online gamer for 10 years, and have been using dozens and dozens of nicknames throughout my gaming history. My nick might had been Ridrichard, or perhaps AlfredtheMoose, although I'm not completely sure. I remember various clans that were around at the time, for instance [-IR-] (or was it UR?), [WOLF], [USSR] and -=RED=-. I'm pretty sure I was in at least two of the clans, they might have been some of the four I mentioned above.
Ah I don't remember those names :(  I wasn't very popular in RTB though and only played it for a few months before Retail came out.  (Maybe half a year tops)   I was Jirue (and still am), probably wouldn't ring any bells though ;P

Nope, doesn't ring a bell. But it's nice to see another old-school around here. :-)

I don't think I explained myself clearly enough regarding the whole brick-moving-thingy. What I want is to be able to set triggers on bricks, for instance, in order to make a door open and close. In RtB, you could do this with the wrench (and in AiO too, I'm pretty sure). You could choose whether or not the brick you hit was supposed to trigger another brick, or if it triggered itself once you touched it. You could change the numbers in the vertical, horizontal and diagonal boxes, you could pretty much make your bricks move any way you wanted. I pray to death there's some kind of add-on for this, because this feature alone made Blockland unique for me.

Nope, doesn't ring a bell. But it's nice to see another old-school around here. :-)

I don't think I explained myself clearly enough regarding the whole brick-moving-thingy. What I want is to be able to set triggers on bricks, for instance, in order to make a door open and close. In RtB, you could do this with the wrench (and in AiO too, I'm pretty sure). You could choose whether or not the brick you hit was supposed to trigger another brick, or if it triggered itself once you touched it. You could change the numbers in the vertical, horizontal and diagonal boxes, you could pretty much make your bricks move any way you wanted. I pray to death there's some kind of add-on for this, because this feature alone made Blockland unique for me.

I know what you are talking about nope there isn't. I actually found that feature laggy and unreliable when I tried the old Rtb.

Thats the one thing I really miss from rtb :\

But there are some very nice interactive mods and events that help make up for it.  The wrench events have come a long way and you can make some pretty cool stuff with them.  For doors and stuff Trader and Kaje made "JVS Content" which has lots of doors, switches and gates for it.
http://forum.returntoblockland.com/dlm/viewFile.php?id=47

Also might wanna check out these things:
http://forum.returntoblockland.com/dlm/viewPack.php?id=23
Duplicator is super useful.  For some reason the Fill Can isn't in that pack but I'll find a link later. 

Alright. Well, if that's the case, I will most likely start with RtB aswell (if it's still available), there are things I have been dying to build which includes movers, which I unfortunately can't do in Retail. Alot of my creative stuff I made in RtB heavily relied on movers. But I still like Retail though, so I think I'm gonna be playing both versions.

Your name reminds me of that series...

Welcome Back.

Your name reminds me of that series...

Welcome Back.

Thank you sir. Ridrichard is just one of those nicknames that sticks. Easy to remember, and not too many people are using it. I got it from the movie Pitch Black, which I saw when it came out in 2000. I loved the movie (still do, one of my favorite sci-fi films of all time) and the name sounded cool at the time, because I was kinda young, but alot of my friends kept calling me Ridrichard regardless of what nickname I changed to.

Thank you sir. Ridrichard is just one of those nicknames that sticks. Easy to remember, and not too many people are using it. I got it from the movie Pitch Black, which I saw when it came out in 2000. I loved the movie (still do, one of my favorite sci-fi films of all time) and the name sounded cool at the time, because I was kinda young, but alot of my friends kept calling me Ridrichard regardless of what nickname I changed to.

:/

Yummy Digital crackers MOMMY I CANT EAT THEM.