Author Topic: Two Bridges Class TDM/CTF  (Read 2187 times)

I made this as a quick build in order to host some form of TDM server at some point. The build turned out really quite well and I hosted a server earlier today with it in. I'm not sure whether using RPGs and Grenade Launchers within 6-wide corridors is such as good idea. Anyway, moving on...

[PICTURES]

The main "Arena" with two bridges connecting the Red and Blue areas. There's also a floating square platform in the middle. The "Green" is slime which kills people.

The spawn room and class selection with the 6 avaliable classes. The thing on the right hand side is for medic healing and only medics can use it. Everyone else has to wait to be healed :)

The blue corridor with the spawn room on the right hand side. The area in the first picture is through the door on the left. The "Sniper Area" thing takes you to the next picture.

The Sniper Area accessed from the end of each corridor (Picture 3). This was added as a kind of extra after I realised that a Sniper class is practically useless without somewhere to shoot from. Thus, it's considerably more plain than I'd have otherwise made it...probably...

One of the bridges viewed from the central platform. The build uses AMBIENT lights, thus cannot be seen from a distance, making it harder to see the enemy, but giving enough light to see where you're going.

Classes:

Sniper: Military Sniper, Sniper Carbine, Pistol, Conc. Grenade x2
Assault: Battle Rifle, Pistol, Conc. Grenade, FN P90, Stick Grenade
Spy: Invisibility Watch, FN P90 Silent, TF2 Butterfly Knife, Conc. Grenade x2, Fast Player-type
Explosives: RPG, Grenade Launcher, Pistol, Conc. Grenade, Stick Grenade
Heavy: Battle Rifle, Pump Shotgun, Pistol, Stick Grenade x2, Slow Player-type (TF2 Heavy actually :) )
Medic: TF2 Medigun, Pistol, Bullpup, Conc. Grenade x2, use of healing pads

As you can probably tell, I used most weapons from the Tier + Tactical set...

The arena does support CTF, but I couldn't get the CTF gamemode to work properly so gave up.

Comment and rate as you will.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 07:10:31 AM by Corbiere »

Very nice, indeed! First of all, I must congratulate you on your excellent DOF shots. Your build is awesome, and the classes are great!

(BTW, first post! If you care enough...)

...and the classes are great!

(BTW, first post! If you care enough...)

They look like the same classes that everyone uses... how are they great?  I think you're just making you "First Post" comment nice so we won't hate you for acting like it's cool to be "numba one".

I think the build could use some more detail, tbh.  Looks a bit too dark as well.

Explosives in such a small build will certainly be overpowered.

And I prefer dark TDM's due to the skill it requires.

8/10, more pics of the actual battleground would be nice.

Look, Jerkface, I was just giving some positive rienforcement. And the "first post thing" was just to be funny. Gawd, don't take everything in a negative way. BTW, it actually is little too dark.

Epic spawn kills in 3...2...1

But 9.4/10.

Nice but add boats so there counter attacks. 9/10

They look like the same classes that everyone uses... how are they great?  I think you're just making you "First Post" comment nice so we won't hate you for acting like it's cool to be "numba one".

I think the build could use some more detail, tbh.  Looks a bit too dark as well.
Yes, they ARE the classes that everyone uses, but the weapons aren't.

The map uses ambient lights, so you only see lights up close, thus making it hard to see others but light enough to see where you are going. Given the size of the arena, sneaking is probably the best way to get kills...Well...that or explosives.

------

Nice but add boats so there counter attacks. 9/10

The "Green" is slime which kills people.

Umm...Also the stuff boats would float on is a 32x cube below the platforms.

*Sneakily restores thread to page 1*

Reminds me of a halo combat evolved map that only comes with the PC version, only its one large bridge, nice concept, could use some more detail tho

EDIT:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 06:08:37 PM by soba »

i remember i buitl something like a bridge tdm once. lots of people came but all left ebcause they're loving stupid and can't read.

it'd look much better with water under the bridge, neon puke green acid doesn't look too good in my opinion :c