Author Topic: Hard Drive failure  (Read 829 times)

Right now, I am trying to compress all the videos I made so far...
And progress is very, very, very slow.
Its going to take 2 Days and 17 hours to compress them?
Holy Jesus.

Edit: Now it says 1 Day and 5 Hours.
The forget?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 12:20:13 PM by Muddy Waters »

Where's the failed harddrive?

That doesn't sound hard drive related to me.

First of all, how many gigs are you trying to compress.
If you're trying to format raw avi files stuff out by FRAPS, good luck. Those things are about a gig per minute of video.

Where's the failed harddrive?
In my computer, and not only that, I had to stop compressing the files because it said it would take 6 Days.
No, just, no.
That doesn't sound hard drive related to me.

First of all, how many gigs are you trying to compress.
79.4 GB
Sounds like too much?

Edit: Oh stuff, I knew I should have gotten that compressor
I KNEW IT!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 12:29:23 PM by Muddy Waters »

79.4 GB
Sounds like too much?
Holy stuff no wonder why it's going to take that much time.

Holy stuff no wonder why it's going to take that much time.
I know, but atleast I have everything for Blockland on my Micro SD Card.

No, just, no.79.4 GB
Sounds like too much?
Well, compressing things doesn't require your hard drive, other than for storing the things you want compressed. Seems like you have a processor with some pretty low hertz.

I am thinking that it might be a virus, considering AVG wouldn't install.
Asdf.

Offtopic: I am posting this from my PS3, I just found that my friend was searching up Hentai in my PS3.
Seriously, wtf?

I am thinking that it might be a virus, considering AVG wouldn't install.
Asdf.

Offtopic: I am posting this from my PS3, I just found that my friend was searching up Hentai in my PS3.
Seriously, wtf?
Prolly not, But some Antivirus could give you a straight out answer. Also, How does your friend access your PS3?

Prolly not, But some Antivirus could give you a straight out answer. Also, How does your friend access your PS3?
No, the anti-virus wasn't the solution, my hard drive completely died, it even says that it fails when I turn it on.
And my friend just goes on my PS3 when I am not home.

No, the anti-virus wasn't the solution, my hard drive completely died, it even says that it fails when I turn it on.
And my friend just goes on my PS3 when I am not home.
So you're saying the IDE Timeout error code comes to the corresponding port in which the hard drive is located (SATA1, PRIMARY MASTER, etc.)?
Check to see if your cords on it are unplugged slightly, pushing on the cords going to the HD should work.
If not, all your data on that drive is lost.

also why does your friend get to use it when you're not home
srsly wtf

79.4 GB

There's your problem. It's not a virus, or a failing hard-drive, it's either your processor or A crap PC. Actually, most PCs couldn't even do that in a day.

79.4 GB

There's your problem. It's not a virus, or a failing hard-drive, it's either your processor or A crap PC. Actually, most PCs couldn't even do that in a day.
Well, I know a guy who accessed other hard drives using slave/master, but when he did it with my hard drive, his computer instantly froze.

his computer instantly froze.

This is because when you try to boot an OS that was installed on your computer on someone elses computer, driver conflicts occur.

Check to see if your cords on it are unplugged slightly, pushing on the cords going to the hard drive should work.
If not, all your data on that drive is lost.
If you mean your hard drive isn't going fast enough for you, you can't really fix it.