Author Topic: All Work And No Play Make Asian Sad  (Read 1997 times)

Well as you probably know I'm taking AP World History for Sophomore year along with all honors classes and multiple Video Game Design classes.

After being slammed with a crap load of summer homework and procrastinating until the last two weeks I figured the worst was over. I was so wrong.

I'm getting up to 5-6 hours of homework per day. First day of school I had to make a video presentation for my 3D animation class, take notes on a few chapters for AP History, read a few articles for AP History, watch four 15 minute podcasts, take vocab with paragraph descriptions for AP History, I had to make adjustments to my notes on the Iliad, and other stuff that I can't even remember.

Well here I am, I've been slamming more vocab for the past 4 hours which I just finished and have moved onto an hours worth of podcasts to watch and take notes on. I also need to finish my presentation for 3D Animation and prepare for a large test that's being given out on the first week of school.

I know it's expected to be dealt this kind of work in High School but it's loving stressful. My parents make me go to bed at nine which leaves me an hour pretty much to watch these damn podcasts.

I haven't been able to work on any of my side projects, play any games, or even talk to my friends.

I'm about to tear my hair out and if you have any suggestions to keep my sanity for the passing year, please do tell.

Masturbate.

But in all seriousness do homework about something you enjoy.

Masturbate.

But in all seriousness do homework about something you enjoy.

Only homework I've enjoyed so far is my Video Game Design homework which pretty much gives me a chance to show off. :3

Other than that I hate history and I can't wait until Algebra II Honors starts dropping homework on me as well. I've also been lucky with World Literature Honors as well so god knows how I'm going to survive when stuff hits the fan.

Thats expected of you?

Who expects this in highschool?

if i had that much homework, i'd cut some classes.

Got any friends in the same classes?
Working together can help get some of the work done faster.

You can still drop/change classes since your school year just started right? Maybe you should spread your harder classes over the next two years.

Do you have any finished games?  :cookieMonster:

All jokes aside, why did you go for Advanced Placement?

Got any friends in the same classes?
Working together can help get some of the work done faster.

I actually do share all my classes with friends. One of them even offered that we split the vocab. Stupid loving me declined.

You can still drop/change classes since your school year just started right? Maybe you should spread your harder classes over the next two years.

I signed a contract saying I can't drop the AP class plus I want to take it anyways. I really want to get into a good College/University. :c

that's just what you get for taking an AP class as a sophmore

I signed a contract saying I can't drop the AP class plus I want to take it anyways. I really want to get into a good College/University. :c
Contract... Your not old enough to sign a contract...
Also you only need that much to go to Ivy league schools, and even then you need more than good grades and classes.

Also you only need that much to go to Ivy league schools, and even then you need more than good grades and classes.
my bro got into cornell, and he didn't take any AP classes until his junior year

Sez u. >:V

No but seriously they did make us sign something if you took an AP class.

I also kind of screwed myself today since I passed out on the couch from loving school itself. I wasted a good 1-2 hours that could have spent doing homework.

Ask your friend if he still wants to split the vocab.
Anything that will take some time off your hands will help you apply the new time to something else.

Do you have a block schedule or all your classes every day?