Author Topic: Mission editor is bringing up the wrong directory  (Read 4946 times)

So I'm working on getting Mountains of Excalibur running correctly for everyone, but I am baffled by this.

So I installed a clean copy of Blockland to my Documents folder, wherein my other folder is in C:
I downloaded my map from my forum topic and opened it in game... It looks perfectly fine.
I opened the mission editor and opened the texture painter,

Looks fine to me. However, when I opened the terrain inspector, my textures are targeted at Add-Ons/map_mounts/blah

Then I remembered when I was making the map, when I hit Add Material... button it took me to a folder with nothing in it but a default texture. When I added textures to the map_mounts folder in my Add-Ons they appeared on the list. This copy of Blockland doesn't have that folder, yet my textures appear in game, but not on the Add Materials... list. ASDUSAHFUSHDFGUSDFHGSDFGSDFGS DFG. Do I need to change the path? If so, how would I? Also, some people report the trees are missing, why would that be? Why do some people have them and some don't? And to my knowledge, 100% of the people don't have the tree stump or the log. They load fine for me in game and they're in the .zip.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 03:49:16 AM by VerticalHorizon »

You currently have two Blocklands?Uhh... anyways where are those default textures you are speaking of?

You currently have two Blocklands?Uhh... anyways where are those default textures you are speaking of?

Yes, I installed a second copy so I could see how my map works on a completely clean, unmodified installation.
When I hit Add Material... it gives me this:

How do I change the directory?

I do not think you have control over the directory - it will go through the files from the directory of the installation you are playing. I would just say to use the normal Blockland.

I do not think you have control over the directory - it will go through the files from the directory of the installation you are playing. I would just say to use the normal Blockland.

... I am using the normal Blockland.

Oh, sorry it was unclear to me. How did your directory go from the first picture to the second? I've never seen a directory like the second picture shows, and have no clue how someone could manage for that to happen.

1st picture is the terrain texture painter, 2nd picture is the terrain texture editor, 3rd picture is when I hit Add Material... in the terrain texture editor. It has looked this way for me ever since we switched over to the .zip system for maps. I have changed nothing, a clean install of the game brings up the same directories. Is Wesely really the only person on here who gives a stuff? Really?

I've never really used the Terrain Texture Editor. The painter works just fine for substituting textures; but you know you can work out of a folder, right? Editing stuff from a zip can cause problems.

Very true Nasoa, hadn't thought of that. I always make sure to work out of a folder, and then package it when Im done.

Extract to Add-ons/Map_MountainsOfExcalibur, delete the zip, restart Blockland, and work out of the folder.

Extract to Add-ons/Map_MountainsOfExcalibur, delete the zip, restart Blockland, and work out of the folder.

I really hope that he already knew how to extract files from a zipped folder. That's one of the most basic computer skills.

Okay I extracted it and deleted the .zip file. I opened Blockland, started the map, opened the mission editor, and I still get this:

Your directory is just really messed up... I have no idea how that could happen.

Nice skybox though, by the way.

Yes it is, thank you, and SOMEONE PLEASE loving HELP ME.

This issue isn't fixing itself.