MASSIVE PROJECT (10 MONTHS TO FINISH!, HELP NEEDED)

Author Topic: MASSIVE PROJECT (10 MONTHS TO FINISH!, HELP NEEDED)  (Read 3001 times)

Hey everyone :D
Today i'm here to ask if Blockland has any programmers at a high level, I'm making a deadmau5 LED head, And i need people to help me with everything they can. from materials to how to program aprox. 760 LEDs.
So if anyone here has any info that they could use to help me, Add me on google talk on blmovieproductions@gmail.com
and we will discuss.
Also you will be payed if you give me alot of info, This project will cost me alot but will be sold in the future for $1000 - $2000 Which is the average price for one of these homemade. And so yeh, The $ will be shared upon

Me
Brian Smith (Helping me)
Jake White (Also helping)
-----
-----

NOTE: This is being made Irl (In real life) which some people didn't understand.
Edit: Added Jake White to the list :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 02:19:14 PM by Robin Ihoodl »

I'll help as much as I can. If you live in Virginia, I can help you a ton with the wiring. The frame/3d molding I won't be much help at but I'd suggest Pepakura. 3d Image, print out, cut, fold, apply resin, sand, then paint. It's a great system.

Jake i've printed 14 pages of Pepakura, Cut out 3 pages so far, (ITS COMPLICATED CUTS :O) Yeh. :lawl:

what will you do with the hat

So this is probably going no where? Considering its just going to be paper with lights on it, it won't be worth a damn cent. Sure you might TRY and sell it for a thousand dollars but no one in their damn right mind would buy it.

So this is probably going no where? Considering its just going to be paper with lights on it, it won't be worth a damn cent. Sure you might TRY and sell it for a thousand dollars but no one in their damn right mind would buy it.
anyone who is a fan of deadmau5 will buy it

So how are programmers involved in this?

No, anyone who's a fan of Deadmau5 will make one on their own or buy more music.

But not for no loving $1000 or $2000. He's out of his damn mind.

I laughed at when i read this. The pepakura is for making it then using resin to make the sphere, But i'm using an acrylic globe now.. So Globe with lights, Yep. But the LED Head needs - , Velvet, EL Wire, hundreds of LEDS, A camera wired to video glasses to see, Fans on the back to keep wires/my head cool AND A LOT MORE, Yeh it's just paper and leds -.-, Programmers are involved to program the leds to display certain things, E.G http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS4uj9ylmMY This.  So now tell me Nick, It's just paper and lights.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 10:43:20 AM by Robin Ihoodl »

i barely understood half of that

Kiddeh i fixed what i said, I failed at explaining. Also i'm taking in donations to buy an important piece costing $400. Any donations are welcome, Just post on this forum telling me your donating then i'll contact you very soon after.

People will say stuff about this big bump, But it's an update

I got in touch with uiproductions and he's leading me on somethings to do with the LEDs, The problem is, Them alone is costing £497. Which is so much more than what i had planned, i have setup a donation website if you would like to donate please do! We currently have 0% donations ): And if i can't get the funding then the project cannot go ahead, The people who donate will actually get half of what they donated back - After i sell this, But only if they donated over £50, I have also set up a blog,---> http://ledprojectcf.blogspot.com/2011/09/led-project.html So if you keep checking back there it will have info on what i'm doing, I have also been offered £17 000 If this is made right, So the pressure is on.

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/investment/led-project-420
EDIT: Donation website, Forgot to put up Duhhh

Jesus christ what
I got £17 000 If this is made right, So the pressure is on.
We live in America.