Author Topic: General has failed me.  (Read 2674 times)

I recently saw all of the buzz for Adjustable Plate, so I decided to give it a try. The GUI was simple yet powerful, and I liked the idea immensely. So, just as a goof, I set lighting and reflective lighting to black. It was just as I expected, not worth playing in unless in an enclosed space. So later on, I hosted on Skylands for my friend. When I planted a brick to grab a weapon and play with events for a minute, as my habit, the brick was black, which is normal because my color was set to black. Then I noticed that my wrench was black, then it dawned on me: the lighting was forgeted up. In ANOTHER map, a map which I have had no trouble with in the past and have never edited had no lighting. The skybox was intact, particles were still colorful, but bricks were black, glow and lights didn't work (because reflective lighting was off, which it shouldn't have been anyway because I was on a different map). After playing with my graphical settings and restarting Blockland a few times, I failed. So I just deleted AdjP, which fixed all the problems aforementioned. My buddy Owen (who I mentioned before, not by name though) was able to see everything just fine, I didn't go on any other servers, so I don't know if it just broke everything for me, or everything for me on my server.

tl;dr Adjustable Plate forgeted up lighting for me until I deleted it.

Locked because the post doesn't need any more raging because I "am anti-General and a noob"
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 08:16:27 PM by Nachtara »

General is loving amazing.

I never said that General was bad, or anything actively against him, I only said that he has failed me. Besides, I am not that important on the forums, or anything, really...soo..

So, when you forget up a mod, it's the creator's fault?

Did you even read the OP? I didn't do anything unnatural with it, I used the map for less than five minutes before getting bored and getting off Blockland.

I would like an explanation as to how I forgeted up the mod after changing the map's settings three times total.

In case you didn't check there is a console command that fixes this when the lighting gets screwy. It's not the creators fault either. Nobody but you has had this problem, so its most likely you.

You probably screwed with a lighting value you weren't supposed to screw with.

In case you didn't check there is a console command that fixes this when the lighting gets screwy. It's not the creators fault either. Nobody but you has had this problem, so its most likely you.

Well, I have no idea why setting lighting to pure black is such a problem, plus I have no idea what the command is, I asked the IRC but it was bullstuff when I needed help, when I fixed it the channel thinned out and I could have probably got some help. The main reason I posted this is to tell people that I had the problem and it was unpleasant to say the least. I'll bear that in mind if I redownload it. I probably will down the line.

Just as well, I've never seen people be this thick about issues before.

I would like an explanation as to how I forgeted up the mod after changing the map's settings three times total.
Tadaa

I doubt the map could adjust client lighting... If it did, then it is a bug with the client.

The mod shouldn't act that way unless you play around with the files.

Why is it even there?

sorry for double toast

Sounds like a bad nightmare.