Author Topic: Learning C++! :D  (Read 3304 times)

Right now your doing simple stuff. Things will get a whole lot harder when you start making things that are actually useful.
I thought you knew VisualBasic.
Kinda the same thing. What I meant by Basic was the third generation of Basic.

I have never seen C++ code.
I had no idea it looked that much like Torque Script

Whats the book called that your reading?

The forums isn't a book. o.o

I have a book on C++ that I have been meaning to learn from for over a year, I do not have nearly enough freetime to use it.

SAMS Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days Fourth Edition by Jesse Liberty

going to continue on the book

Difference? o.o

Script is language tells a program what functions to use to get the desired effect in the software. For example, the script you posted tell Amnesia's engine what elements to load within the map, and what events occur.

C++ code is the language that tells the program how to function. This would be the source code that makes the engine function in the first place, assuming Amnesia's engine was written in C++.

Good luck on it.

The most recent thing was a remake of my Blockland chatbot.
And not one of those learning exercise "If i say exactly this phrase, then the chatbot says exactly this phrase," it learns everything from external sources and constructs somewhat decent random sentences.

Also, a tip. If you type 'using namespace std;' after the #includes you won't have to type std:: before every cout/cin/many other things you haven't learned yet.

Good luck on it.

The most recent thing was a remake of my Blockland chatbot.
And not one of those learning exercise "If i say exactly this phrase, then the chatbot says exactly this phrase," it learns everything from external sources and constructs somewhat decent random sentences.

Also, a tip. If you type 'using namespace std;' after the #includes you won't have to type std:: before every cout/cin/many other things you haven't learned yet.
i know about the namespace thing
i just dont use it

i know about the namespace thing
i just dont use it
then you are horribly inefficient