Author Topic: So, my alienware borked. Need help chosing what to get in place of it.  (Read 1170 times)

So uh. I was on my computer doing things related to steam (on that note it wont even work right on my second laptop) and suddenly i notice my keyboard starts changing colors on it's own. I brush it off, thinking it's nothing major. Then... I hear something in the center of the laptop sizzling. I shut my computer off, open it up, look, and decide to just leave it alone for a day. now, when i booted it up, it sizzled and started popping and letting off smoke. now it won't boot at all.

So.. on that note, I need a good gaming laptop that is better than a brick. Under 2k/pre-built.

I've looked myself, and I'm thinking about an asus, but, I'd like you GUIS opinions since you all major in computer technology.

Yes, I know alienware is bad and it was a mistake. I'm not waiting 3 months for it to be repaired and happen again, and I can't get a refund.

You do realize you could just look for an online guide to fix it instead of paying 2k, right?

You do realize you could just look for an online guide to fix it instead of paying 2k, right?

If he has 2k to just throw away on another $2000 computer let em.

If he has 2k to just throw away on another $2000 computer let em.

But he could be spending it on Tyranids

:C

But he could be spending it on Tyranids

:C

A single squad of berserkers or terminators can take down a Carnifex, which costs more points than either squads, very easily.

A single squad of berserkers or terminators can take down a Carnifex, which costs more points than either squads, very easily.

forgeter

Warriors with Venom Cannons can easily destroy them before they get close :)

forgeter

Warriors with Venom Cannons can easily destroy them before they get close :)

Terminators?

Terminators?

Hormagaunts to tie them up in melee, and have everything else unleash green hell.

:l

Hormagaunts to tie them up in melee, and have everything else unleash green hell.

:l

If they're charging they'll wipe out a hormagaunt squad in one turn, that's not really enough time to stop assault terminators lol

If they're charging they'll wipe out a hormagaunt squad in one turn, that's not really enough time to stop assault terminators lol

Then send more to stall them while the rest of your forces whittle them down to nothing, and if that doesn't work, genestealers.

Then send more to stall them while the rest of your forces whittle them down to nothing, and if that doesn't work, genestealers.

There's one problem with that strategy...

ASSAULT TERMINATORS

There's one problem with that strategy...

ASSAULT TERMINATORS

CARNIFEXES

Why the hell am I even talking about this...

Enough of this stuff.
I'll look around for you, OP.

Also, couldn't help but lol because it's an Alienware. The amount of people on this forum that don't believe Dells are built like stuff no matter how many times I tell them.

My dell has lasted me a long time, and it can run most new games.

I'm going to suggest an MSI. They are built great and are really good specifications, especially for your price range.

17.3 inch, i7 and GTX570:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152281

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152282z
Same as above, minus Blu-Ray burner (you may want one), less RAM (don't really need more than 6GB these days anyway) and less HDD space. However this is my recommended PC for the price unless you really want one of the added features of the other one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152285
This is the same as the first one, but has a smaller screen size. It's only 15.6 inch, which I wouldn't go for personally. Also less HDD space, but not a big problem.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152286
This is like the 15.6 inch version of the one I recommend.

My dell has lasted me a long time, and it can run most new games.
Ooh, one case. Totally means every dell is reliable.