Author Topic: MicroBlock Icecube A2 - Advance BLPC Computer (1.4 Update)  (Read 20734 times)

Really nice! Never seen a computer like this on Blockland.

News:

How to make ROMs, full developers guide

Explains how to manipulate the screen, get keyboard input, what certain hardware does, reveals useful variables, and includes tips, diagrams, and more. Crucial for ROM development to extend software ability.
cant acces the file

cant acces the file

Please refer to the OP. Any links I post outside of the OP may be outdated as I can't go through all my comments to update the links when changes are made. I think the link you quoted was for the version of the PDF that didn't have updated system variables.

I'm in the process of making some sort of compatibility between my evented ROM to text Screen manager and this device, currently they're both quite different in terms of design but I'm starting to understand the insides of the Icecube A2.

Should be fun to be able to use both devices together, possibly have my machines as miniature server blades packed up together with an Icecube A2 as a central control unit.

This all depends upon you giving me the permission to do so of course.

Sure, I'm happy for people to find any good use. Just be sure to add credit when appropriate, if you end up using it beyond your server.

Sure, I'm happy for people to find any good use. Just be sure to add credit when appropriate, if you end up using it beyond your server.

Ok thanks.

I've noticed one thing about your computer however and that it require the schedule to be turned up to 100 instead of the normal default 50. Is that meant to be?

If it isn't set to 100 then Onrelay gets turned out saying it's overloaded or similar.

Thats right, you need to have a higher schedule limit than default. It used to be 100 but it as changed to 50 for some reason, which IMO is ridiculous. I personally use 1000 at least.  :cookieMonster:

Thats right, you need to have a higher schedule limit than default. It used to be 100 but it as changed to 50 for some reason, which IMO is ridiculous. I personally use 1000 at least.  :cookieMonster:

Ok. I'm going on Holiday on the 22nd Saturday 9:00 GMT which should leave me some time to make this device possible.

If you need any footage of my progress, I can upload a video but sadly it can't be listed (The youtube video) since my project is still quite heavily under development.

This a great blpc the best yet. It be more useful then the old one because of ROMs. I'm working on new parts for it like a bigger keyboard I know it harder to use but it will help people make ROMs whith more buttons

I'm noticing a problem with using the computer as part of a different save. Whenever I load the save up, whether the computer was off, on, or never used at all within said save, the ROM keys don't work. 'dhit' still works, but the arrows and the mouse don't do anything, not even with either of the default programs. But the actual save that I downloaded still works, so I know it's either something in this save interfering or some missing VCE addon that the computer uses. Any idea what's happening here?

I'm noticing a problem with using the computer as part of a different save. Whenever I load the save up, whether the computer was off, on, or never used at all within said save, the ROM keys don't work. 'dhit' still works, but the arrows and the mouse don't do anything, not even with either of the default programs. But the actual save that I downloaded still works, so I know it's either something in this save interfering or some missing VCE addon that the computer uses. Any idea what's happening here?

Could you place a brick before you load the save and insert an OnActivate self modvariable.

It does matter about the value so put anything.

Click on the brick then load the save.

If it still doesn't work then I don't know :/

going to make a simple "space invaders" game for this

I'm not sure. I would put that down to a bug beyond my control as something is going wrong with the saving part or VCE is being douchey.

The only similar issue I have is this. On my computer, whenever save my bricks, any variable events don't work at all on builds afterwards. I have to clear all the bricks and then reload them and VCE starts working again. Could this be your problem? I've already told this to Zack0 a long time ago and he didn't seem to know what it was, I'm unaware if its another mod conflicting with it, but yeah.

I've saved this computer and multiple versions of it in the MicroBlock HQ and other builds and it works fine. I also know of a guy who is using the computers in a space ship build, and another who is using the system without the case to incorporate into a larger computer to create ROM compatibility, so I know that its not an issue with the build itself as they all seem to save it fine.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 04:11:48 PM by Sheath »

I'm not sure. I would put that down to a bug beyond my control as something is going wrong with the saving part or VCE is being douchey.

The only similar issue I have is this. On my computer, whenever save my bricks, any variable events don't work at all on builds afterwards. I have to clear all the bricks and then reload them and VCE starts working again. Could this be your problem? I've already told this to Zack0 a long time ago and he didn't seem to know what it was, I'm unaware if its another mod conflicting with it, but yeah.

I've saved this computer and multiple versions of it in the MicroBlock HQ and other builds and it works fine. I also know of a guy who is using the computers in a space ship build, and another who is using the system without the case to incorporate into a larger computer to create ROM compatibility, so I know that its not an issue with the build itself as they all seem to save it fine.

I'm also experiencing this issue. None of the variable replacers work after I save my build.

Could you post the save please? The one where its not working.