Poll

?

84 (71.2%)
34 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Slayer  (Read 206809 times)

Like what the goal is and things like that.
Well, it would be the same as TDM, but you can have AI on your team, or a hole team be AI. Stuff like that. He is using spawns as AI nodes, so they will actually seem like humans. He calls them Combat AI, so it kinda fits if they use nodes. Though they can only use 1 weapon, but still.

My server is finally running Slayer V3. Hooray.

Bug reports and help requests should not look like this!

« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 11:27:22 PM by Greek2me »

Does %client.getlives() and %client.dead() work the same way in V3?

Does %client.getlives() and %client.dead() work the same way in V3?
Yep, that should work in the exact same way.

I also wanted to know what function to use for checking when the round ends.

Slayer_MinigameSO::endRound(%mini,%winners,%resetTime)

Five day weekend, girlfriend is out of town, no big plans so far... I should be able to get a lot done on this.

I've already fixed tons of performance issues and bugs.

You can view recent changes here: https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/changesets
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 11:21:25 AM by Greek2me »

Version 3.0.1 released. See the change log in-game.

Download

Quote from: Change Log (3.0.1)
<version:3.0.1>
   <change:add> Added /teamLiving command. Displays the number of players that are alive on each team.
   <change:add> Added Time Between Rounds option.
   <change:add> Added option to give points for Bonus Kills. This will be improved later.
   <change:bug> Resolved transparent uniform bug.
   <change:bug> Fixed item saving and loading in minigame favorites. Favorites will need to be recreated for this to work.
   <change:bug> Fixed the host being unable to create minigames on dedicated LAN server.
   <change:bug> Corrected issue where some weapons did no damage.
   <change:bug> Resolved minigameCanDamage and minigameCstar fishe problems.
   <change:bug> Player now performs the chat animation when sending chat messages.
   <change:bug> Clicking while in the admin freecam no longer causes respawn.
   <change:gui> Team player/item lists now automatically match the General lists when creating a team.
   <change:pref> Keybinds are no longer set automatically.
   <change:pref> Server announcements are now blank by default.
   <change:pref> Time Between Rounds is now 10 seconds by default.
   <change> Improved startup and cleanup.
   <change> Huge efficiency increase - boosts performance in all aspects of the game (player/brick/vehicle damage, resetting, etc).
   <change:add> Added benchmarking functions.
   <change:add> Added Slayer_TeamSO::incScore and Slayer_TeamSO::setArtificialScore functions.
   <change:add> Added Slayer_TeamSO::isTeamDead and Slayer_TeamSO::getSpawned functions.
Change Log
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 11:50:47 PM by Greek2me »

Greek, can't you at least change the extension of the changelog to .html so web browsers will treat it like a webpage?

Greek, can't you at least change the extension of the changelog to .html so web browsers will treat it like a webpage?
Meh, I am lazy. That's the file used by the auto updater. Anyway, my hosting service (http://webs.com) makes file editing difficult.

I'll post the change log in more readable form in the post.

EDIT: added
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 11:50:58 PM by Greek2me »

I have an idea for a feature. How about having specific teams give specific points for killing? Like, killing a member of team 1 gives 5 points, but killing a member of team 2 gives 15 points.

Also, how do you turn on anti late join? I read slayer has this.

Also, how do you turn on anti late join? I read slayer has this.
Advanced options> Late join time> Set to 0 or 1 (1 is a little less strict)

Greek, could you add the option of having a spectator team? Some options would include when a player runs out of lives, they are moved to the spectator team. Or a player could simply do a command to 'join' the spectator team.

Advanced options> Late join time> Set to 0 or 1 (1 is a little less strict)

Then what does -1 do?