Author Topic: [Mapping] BL Island  (Read 10280 times)

The goal of this project is to assemble an island containing artwork from a variety of forum members.

Here are the choices of what you can make:
  • Some kind of interior.
  • Some kind of small static model.
  • A heightmap. (Please test it before posting it. Don't submit random grey-scale images)
  • A sky. (No plasma, I know you know how to generate random stuff in Photoshop)
  • Anything else creative, suggest it before you make it.

This project differs from other projects in another way. People with no mapping or modeling experience can participate!

You make create textures for buildings, or create an image that will be placed on a sign or billboard along with your name.

Rules:
Don't make something really, really huge.
Your content must be suitable for the forums.
You can't overwrite default files or someone else's files.

Of course, I wouldn't start a community project if I didn't plan to participate. Stay tuned, I'll be posting content within the next few weeks.

Thanks to Nige for the idea.

Deadlines:
June 16- Project Evaluation (whether we should keep working or there is little interest)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 03:18:48 PM by Wedge »

size/.mb limt to .difs?

ill make a skybox :D

Yay, the skybox will be good!

Can I make "background" things like Seagulls that fly around in a circle?

There isn't a specific file size. Just realize it needs to fit on an island with other models.

Make a skybox if you like. I've got a bunch waiting in terragen to be compiled, but I'd rather not compile them yet, since it takes a while.

Sure, go ahead and make the seagulls. How are you doing them though?

*goes to work on Fox's Hut*

I looked through all my models and found my old warp pipe and ? block, so I'll probably hide them in the map as easter eggs.

I ought to create a checklist of completed stuff. I'll update it as people add content.

By the way, if you are making an image as your contribution, please make it either 16x16, 32x32, 256x256, or 512x512, so I can use them. If you want 256x512 or 1024x1024 or something, divide your image into square pieces, so I or someone else can work with them. It shouldn't be too difficult, and will ensure that your art gets featured.

Completed Stuff

o Warp Pipe - Wedge
o Question Block - Wedge
o Huge Desk - Grand Theif Fox
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 01:58:48 PM by Wedge »

.dts Model with Animation. Really Easy stuff.

.dts Model with Animation. Really Easy stuff.
ROFL
use a .gif animation with a .dts

so there is no scripting needed

That's not how it works.

That's not how it works.
yes but you can mount a .gif as a flat texture to a model
making it a ingame .gif/.dts
though its not 3d..and somtimes look bad
its easyer to do

It doesn't animate.
......yes it does..but you cant do it in milkshape...
its easy to do.