Author Topic: Favorite Authors and books and stuff.  (Read 1302 times)

Pretty simple really, just post your favorite authors and pieces of their work.

For example, I really enjoy Micheal Crichton's books. So far from what I have read, Sphere is the best book by him in my opinion.

now its your turn yaaaay

Poe
Good, I thought someone was going to come in here and burst out "LOL WHO READS ANYMORE".

Vonnegut is my favorite. His writing style owns, with the vivid imagery and wonderful storylines followed by a liberal and cleansing moral.

I also really liked the Ender's Game series by Orson Scott Card. First book made me cry. :')

Crichton is a great writer as well. His SciFi is really hardcore because he goes in-depth with how all the events in his novels are able to happen. If you read Prey, you'll see what I mean.

The first writer I really got into was Robert A. Heinlein. I liked a lot of his work, Tunnel in the Sky the most. Stranger in a Strange Land was a very satisfying read and made me think about how a Martian (or any foreigner, really) would be impacted by Christianity because of how popular it is.

Shoot, that's a hard one. The ones I can remember:

Ray Bradbury and his novel Fahrenheit 451. Margaret Peterson Haddix and her Shadow Children books. Rodman Philbrick for his The Last Book in the Universe. As well as Gary Paulsen for his novel Hatchet and its alternate endings.

Ah, I like Bradbury too. Fahrenheit 451 was a good book, I got it for Christmas along with Slaughterhouse-Five which is how I discovered Vonnegut.

Stephen King hasn't been mentioned yet. The Green Mile was good.

Shoot, that's a hard one. The ones I can remember:

Ray Bradbury and his novel Fahrenheit 451. Margaret Peterson Haddix and her Shadow Children books. Rodman Philbrick for his The Last Book in the Universe. As well as Gary Paulsen for his novel Hatchet and its alternate endings.

Philip Reeve
This guys books kick ass!!

inb4someonesaysgloriatesch