[SDK] Mega Bear's Mapping Devkit

Author Topic: [SDK] Mega Bear's Mapping Devkit  (Read 4060 times)

Mega Bear's Mapping SDK
Five downloads and counting! :cookieMonster:

This is a large resource of mapping tools and objects for use of fellow cartographers looking to learn more about mapping.

Info

Quote from: Readme.txt
Mapping SDK
By Mega Bear, ID 15972

----------

This is written with Windows in mind. If anyone would be willing to write
the following paragraphs for a Mac user, it would be appreciated.

----------

Interiors:

If you haven't already, go to C:\Blockland\base\data\shapes (default Blockland path, your's may differ)
and create a folder called "Interiors" without the quotation marks. This is where you will put all the
interiors and their textures you use, and will allow for easier organization. Make sure to place your
interior into your map's folder and reference it correctly or nobody will be able to see it! Do not
make the mistake of ignoring this fact, it got me perma'd from RTB once.

Includes the following interiors:
- Flat Bridge
- Angled Bridge
- Tower (Tier 1 Defense Building)
- Outpost (Tier 2 Defense Building)
- Cottage
- Farm
- Dock
- Pyramid
- Ruins

----------

Skyboxes:

To use a custom skybox, place the folder containing all of its textures into your
map's folder. Then reference the skybox's resource.dml through the .mis and you're done.

Includes the following skyboxes:
- Greensky (Plant-filled mountains accompanied a blue sky filled with faint clouds).
- Whiteplanet (Space skybox with two white planets against a purple-ish gas background).
- Zombienight (Mountains in the distance of a night landscape with only the moon for light).
- Hazylake (A lake covered in a gold fog matched with a green tint).

----------

Water Textures:

Water textures, like the previous two resources, are referenced through the .mis! They change the way water
in your map appears. You are able to give different waterBlocks different textures, so you can have a red-hot
volcano in one part of your map and an azure ocean in another part. You'll find that, for some reason,
Torque requires water textures to be ridiculously blue, yet in-game they get toned down to a more natural color.
That's TGE for ya.

Includes the following waters:
- Lava1
- Lava2
- Greenwater
- Graywater
- Purplewater
- Water01
- Water02
- Water03
- BrickWater

---------

Terrain Textures:

Terrain textures are used for grass, sand, rock, detail, snow, and other things. Their name have to be specific or
they break completely, which I am not exactly familiar with the rules as a whole--though I do know enough to get by
and teach you how to work them. Terrain textures are commonly reffered to as simply "tetxures" so I'll do the same for
this guide. In order to correctly use textures in your map, you must give them the names "grass.jpg" "rock.jpg" etc. for
the texture they represent. You can also name them "grass01.jpg" or "rock03.jpg" if you use other grass or rock textures
in your map. The same goes for all other textures like sand or detail. You CAN NOT name them things like "lightgreengrass"
or "layeredrock."

Includes the following textures:
- Rock01
- Rock02
- Rock03
- Grass01
- Grass02
- Grass03
- Sand01
- Sand02
- Sand03
- Detail01
- Detail02

---------

Scripts:

The scripts included in this pack are intended for experienced mappers, primarily ones that have good knowledge of how to
script. Each of the scripts are getting their own paragraph due to lengthy explanations.

Rain - Place all the rain files/textures into your map's folder. Add exec("./rain.cs"); to your .mis as its own line of code.
Then add the following to your .mis as its own code as well:

new Precipitation() {
      position = "-56.5783 30.1905 0";
      rotation = "1 0 0 0";
      scale = "1 1 1";
      dataBlock = "HeavyRain";
      minSpeed = "1.5";
      maxSpeed = "2";
      minMass = "0.75";
      maxMass = "0.85";
      maxTurbulence = "0.1";
      turbulenceSpeed = "0.2";
      rotateWithCamVel = "1";
      useTurbulence = "0";
      numDrops = "5000";
      boxWidth = "200";
      boxHeight = "100";
      doCollision = "1";
   };

This allows rain in your map, good job! Don't forget to place the other rain files in your map too!

Lava - This script was made by McTwist for Demian's Slate Edits. All credit to the two of them for the creation of this nifty
script. To use it, add exec("./Script_Lava.cs"); to your map's .mis like you would for rain. Remember those lava water textures?
This is where they come in handy! You can reference the lava water texture through the .mis and have lava that looks like lava
AND kills the player when the touch it! Bravo! Additionally, you can modify the viscosity and color of the water to give it
a more lava-y feel. Cool huh?

----------

Pictures
Outpost:

Ruins:

Greensky Skybox:

Zombienight Skybox:

Download

MappingSDK.zip is 5.55MB!

Download!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 07:59:06 AM by Mega-Bear »

Damn thats some nice stuff you got thar.

Too simple meshes and rather bad texturing. Needs more pics.

Too simple meshes and rather bad texturing. Needs more pics.
There are also skyboxes, textures, and scripts included in it. This was meant to have a simplistic style for newbies with default TC textures. I'm not going to spend hours on interiors to give them away.

Cave(all credit to Mega Bear) too?

Cave(all credit to Mega Bear) too?
Uh, yeah sure. :cookieMonster:

I also added images of the skyboxes.

I wish there were more meshes.. I would love to make a city of towers

Did you see the list of interiors in the OP? There are quite a few...

Err. this is Software development kit? its just models and scripts and textures in a file...

I would call it resources. some skidde might get the wrong idea.
Also the readme is easy for mac users to follow.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 07:04:46 AM by Eeposs »

Err. this is Software development kit? its just models and scripts and textures in a file...

I would call it resources. some skidde might get the wrong idea.
Also the readme is easy for mac users to follow.
SDK sounds cool enough, plus I think users would get a good enough idea that this is one huge resource for maps to know how to use it.

Thanks, may use some textures. Doing custom textures for Mega Terrain